What Could've Been

"Harper Wright was a woman who fought for the people she loved. From the moment I met her, that was very evident. She was very hard working, always wanting to do the best at her job..and I always admired her for that." Hunter's voice softly spoke into the microphone.

"She was an amazing mother, always caring for her kids, and very protective. We had our disagreements..a lot of the time, but at the end of the day, I couldn't deny she fought for what she believed in and wouldn't back down from a challenge."

Maddy continuously blew her nose as she listened. Dean was beside her, holding Hope in his lap. Roman was next to him, holding Ethan. Then it went JoJo, Nikki, Dolph, Brie, Daniel, Cathy and Finn.

"Now there are two gentlemen who would like to say a few words in honor of Harper..please welcome Wrench and Henry." Hunter motioned to the side of the stage where the two men stood.

They walked out, Wrench grabbed the mic while Henry had Pumpkin on a leash.

"I hadn't known Harper a long time, met her in some dive bar with Spencer when they visited Davenport. Right away I knew she was the one for him. The way he talked about her, always a smile on his lips, honestly it made me jealous that I didn't have a love like theirs," He quipped.

"And when he passed, Harper and I always had late night phone calls. Talking about life, talking about music, until she finally made a comment about how she loved hearing him sing..so Henry and I came up with the idea of her performing a song in honor of him," His voice was soft and gentle. "It was called London Nights, and Harper got up infront of random strangers and sang her heart out. And I took a picture of her, grinning from ear to ear, as I believe during that time, she felt closer to Spencer."

He pulled a Polaroid photo out of his back pocket and held it up for everyone to see. He walked over to the closed casket and taped it on the top.

"So Harper, I wish you nothing but peace, and I'll see you soon honey." Wrench looked up, and then set the mic back down before getting off the stage.

Maddy now knew it was her turn. She slowly got up out of the pew and began making her way to the stage. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her nose was still running.

She picked up the mic and cleared her throat, already feeling her eyes water once more.

"I-I can't believe this is real life. I've never even imagined a life without my best friend.. Actually, Harper was like a sister to me. She was there for me when nobody else was, gave me advice when I truly needed it, was always down to kick somebody's ass, and stuck with me all these years," She sniffled.

"Of course, we've had moments where we argued and didn't talk for what felt like centuries, but either of us always came back, because we got a small taste of living without the other, and didn't like it.." She cleared her throat once more. "I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm gonna miss being the designated driver, and her chaperone for when we go to crappy bars in whatever town were in after a show."

Everyone lightly chuckled at her statement.

"Without her, I wouldn't have agreed to go on a date with Dean, hell If you told me I would've ended up marrying him, I would've slapped you silly," She smirked. "But that was the best thing about Harper. She never cared about other people's opinions on someone, she would want to make her own judgement on their character."

"She was always down to learn something new, like wrestling. We spent countless hours training in random wrestling schools, even a few ER visits when she got ahead of herself and winded up with concussions..and although we never won the tag titles, I was so incredibly grateful we even were able to fight together. We always made a good team, huh?" Maddy looked at the casket longingly.