Halloween & The Big News

"Incoming, everyone! The Incredibles are hereeeeee!" I sung, walking inside Nikki and Dolph's house. For my costume, I decided to dress as elastigirl, and Ethan and Hope had matching onesies on with the logo.

"Awww, aren't they the most adorable superheroes everrrrr!" Nikki grinned, picking up the kids.

"Here Harper, smile, I'm making an album full of photos of tonight." Dolph held up a Polaroid camera. I gave a cheesy smile as he snapped the photo.

Nikki and Dolph were dressed as Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley.

"I thought I heard familiar voices out here!" Maddy exclaimed, rushing towards us.

Her and Dean were dressed as A police officer and prisoner. But, Dean was the prisoner.

"Are you still planning on watching the kids?" I asked, watching as Maddy scooped them both up.

"Well, Yeah, I said I was wasn't I?" She snapped, rolling her eyes.

"Alright..I just forgot geez." I held my hands up. She didn't say anything, just took the kids upstairs.

"Don't ask, she's been bratty all week." Dean shrugged. "Want a beer?"

"Yes, please." I sigh. "Hm, that's weird, any reason why?"

"Not a clue. She won't tell me, Whatever it is." He tosses me a beer and cracks his open.

I take a swig from mine, "Just give her time, I'm sure she'll tell you."

"I hope.." He trailed as we walked into the kitchen. Dolph was fixing snacks and there were crowds of people everywhere.

"Damn There's a lot of people here." I gasped, trying to find familiar faces. I saw a bunch of my friends scattered everywhere, so I began making the rounds.

I saw Brie and Daniel, who were dressed as Farmers. They said Birdie was a pig. Cute. I finally met JJ and Lauren, they looked nice dressed as Woody and Jessie from Toy Story.

Stephanie and Hunter were there, dressed in business suits. They said they were being a rich businessman and woman, and Hunter said "Oh wait..we already are," Ha ha. Good one.

Roman showed accompanied with JoJo, they were dressed as Vampires. I asked Roman quietly if they were a thing and he said they were just hooking up for now. Well still, they looked cute together.

Cathy and Finn were dancing in the middle of the floor when I approached them. They were dressed in Egg and Bacon outfits. Corny but not surprising.

I made my way back over to Dean, who was looking stressed.

"Hey, everything going alright?" I nudge his shoulder.

"No..I went upstairs to try and help Maddy but she fucking snapped at me." He grumbled. "I left because I didn't wanna yell at her."

"You did the right thing, Dean." I said. "Go calm down a little bit, I think Roman was doing shots over there," I pointed to where a small crowd was forming.

"I'll go check on her." I downed the rest of my beer and headed upstairs. Maddy was doing a puzzle with Birdie and Vivienne. Ethan and Hope were sleeping on the bed.

"Hey..everything going okay in here?" I asked, sitting down on the floor.

Maddy whipped her head around, glaring at me. "Everything's fine Harper. Lemme guess did Dean send you?"

"No, he didn't. I wanted to hang out, see the kids," I shrug. "Looks like mine are asleep already."

"Your welcome." She snapped.