Guess Who's Back

"Oh hell no. Absolutely not." Nikki growled, getting up from her chair. Dolph glared at Roman, "Why the fuck would you invite him?"

"Guys relax, John asked me if he could come. He has some stuff to say, please listen." Roman pleaded.

"This is gonna be good." Punk chuckled, making AJ smack his head.

Nikki and Dolph paused, motioning for John to start talking. He cleared his throat, obviously nervous.

"Well, Nikki, I know me and you didn't work out, but I'm glad you found happiness with Dolph. I'm actually dating someone as well." John began. "So lets just all move on from the past and have a good thanksgiving, please?"

They exchanged looks before Dolph sighed, "I'd like that. I'm sick of the drama anyways man."

They shook hands, and then it was Nikki and John staring at one another. I felt like I was in a damn reality tv show.

"Fine..but I still don't like you." Nikki quickly shook his hand.

"I'll take it." John laughed, pulling a chair up beside Finn. Once conversation resumed and the two of them took their seats once more, we all began eating.

John told us about some movies he was filming in the next few months. Nikki and Dolph said they had set a date for the wedding and would let us all know soon.

We kept saying how we couldn't believe Birdie was gonna be three next spring. That made Brie almost cry so we quickly switched the subject.

After breakfast we all got dragged into the backyard to play what Roman called it a 'friendly game' of football. Yeah right.

The teams were this;

Team Beast: Me, Maddy, AJ, Dean, Seth, Nikki and Dolph

Team Can't Touch Us: Finn, Cathy, Brie, Daniel, Roman, Punk, and John

We all lined up with someone on the opposite team, and Dolph coincidentally lined up with John. Our team started off with the ball.

Dean chucked it back to Seth, who passed to me, and I quickly scanned the lawn for an open team mate. Dolph. I threw the ball to him, and just as he grabbed it, he was thrown to the ground by John.

"Just playing the game," He defended as we all stopped. "Besides, Ziggy can take a hit, right?"

Oh boy, this'll be a long game.
-

"We wonnnnnnnn!" Nikki, Maddy and I squealed as we headed back inside.

"Only because Maddy scores the touchdowns and no one was gonna touch her cause she's pregnant!" Finn whined.

"Strategy, Balor." Maddy winked.

"Thanks for inviting me, Roman, I had a lot of fun tonight. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Guys." John waves to everyone, his gaze lingering on Nikki and Dolph, who were chatting with one another.

In a way I felt bad for John. But then I remembered all the shit he put Nikki through and took it back.

When I headed upstairs, I had saw the butlers put Ethan and Hope to sleep. I gave them both a kiss on the forehead and then showered.

I worked up a sweat winning football. I changed into leggings and a sweatshirt before climbing into bed. I checked my phone, seeing Wrench and Henry sent me a picture of Pumpkin cuddled up on the couch. So cute. I missed her.

I was scrolling through my phone when a memory popped up from my camera roll. It was of last thanksgiving.

Me and Spencer were on the couch in his parents house, wearing matching onesies. We went Black Friday shopping dressed in them, and didn't care if we got stared at. I never cared when I was with him.

And I'd be forever grateful he changed me for the better. Made me question things in my life, and blessed me with two little angels.

That's what I was thankful for.
-

Ethan and Hope were in matching outfits with Birdie, and we all snapped photos of them together. Especially me and Brie. Mom things.

I had picked jeans, an oversized sweater and tan boots as my outfit. All the girls were up before the boys as we wanted to help cook last minute things. The turkey smelt amazing.

AJ, Brie and I took all three dogs and the kids out for a walk afterwards. Roman lived in a nice neighborhood. Very secure and quiet.

When we came back half an hour later, a few more cars were in the driveway.

John was quietly arguing with Maddy and Dean in the kitchen. AJ and Brie took the kids upstairs as I went to check in, make sure nothing else was going to go down.

"Everything Alright in here?" I questioned. They all turned to me, "Go ahead and tell her John." Maddy demanded.

"I invited my girlfriend. I didn't think it was a big deal." He grumbled.

"Tell her who it is!" Dean added.

His face got beat red.

"Who is it?!" I exclaimed.

"It's-" He began, but was cut off by the door bursting open.

"Guess who's backkkkkkk!" A familiar voice screeched.

"Hey baby!" John cooed, pulling her into a hug.

Coming face to face with me was one girl I never wanted to see. Ever again.

"Your looking..decent, Harper." She snickered.

"I see nothings changed..Sarah." I seethed.
-

"Yeah I'm not going down there!" Seth scoffed as Maddy and I broke the news about our new guest and Johns girlfriend.

"You have too. Besides she's sitting at the other end of the table." Maddy explained.

"Don't you understand? I left her at the altar! Never called or anything after that! She's still mad at me, I know it!" He groaned.

"Just ignore her! I can't deal with anymore drama this trip." I pleaded.

"Fine..but I'm eating fast." He sighed.

Maddy and I clapped and walked back downstairs with him following us. Everyone was in the living room chatting. Belle Radici had made its way around all the people who drink.

"Hey stranger! Fancy seeing you here!" Sarah called out to Seth. He stopped in his tracks, surprised she was actually..talking to him.

"Hey Sarah..it's been awhile." He lightly smiled.

"Yeah. The last time we saw one another was at the altar. Right before you left." She laughed.

Everyone became silent.

"Listen, about that-" Seth began apologizing, but she held her hand up.

"I forgive you Seth. To be honest, I'm glad you did it. I would've never met John if you hadn't. So thanks." She grinned.

"Uh, sure, I-I guess." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

I grabbed the bottle of Belle Radici and gulped down the rest of it. I could tell it was going to be a long long night.

- - -
Sarah's back! Thought you'd seen the last of her? No way! 😏Thanks for reading :) 💛