It's Okay To Not Be Okay

Everything happened so fast after Bill pulled the trigger. Rachel fell down, immediately clutching her abdomen.

Dean charged after Bill, but it was too late. He shot himself. Lily rushed over to Rachel's side, crying. Dean joined her, while the rest of us watched on sadly.

Nikki called the police, who arrived on the scene a few minutes after.

"Mom..stay with us okay?!" Lily pleaded, shaking her.

Rachel weakly smiled, before turning to Dean.

"D-Dean..you take...good care of Maddy Alright..." She breathed heavily. "Or I'll come back...and beat your ass..myself."

"Y-Yes mom..I will.." Dean sniffled.

"And you, my sweet Lily.." She sighed. "I love you..and I love Ellie too...never forget..."

"Mom..don't leave me. Please! Mom!" Lily cried, but her eyes had closed. She was gone.

I looked away, crying. Nikki was facing the other way holding Ellie. No reason for her to see what was going on.

The police had questioned all of us to find out what had happened. After they walked into the restaurant and got the security tapes.

I rode back with Nikki and Dolph. The car ride was silent. We were all in shock. I just couldn't believe how it all happened.

When I got to my hotel room, I turned all the lights on and gave the kids a bath.

When they were bathed and in new pajamas, I laid them in their cribs and grabbed my phone.

I texted someone who I hoped would answer. Half an hour later there was a knock at my door.

I opened it, and Seth walked inside.

He knew what had happened.

"Can you just hold me? Please?" I whispered, and he nodded.

We got into bed and Seth wrapped his arms around me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep instantly.
-

I woke up the next morning to a note lying where Seth was.

Harper..
I took Ethan and Hope for the day, don't worry I have their diaper bags. Spend the day with Maddy and Dean, I'll be back later to drop them off. I'm glad I could be there for you last night..
Xo, Seth

I set the note back down and got in the shower. My mind was racing with thoughts.

I changed into jeans and a long sleeve and grabbed my phone, keys and wallet. I took a deep breath in as I knocked on Maddy and Dean's door.

Maddy answered, wearing last nights clothes. Her eyes were puffy and red, and she had a box of tissues in her hand.

I didn't say anything. Just pulled her into a hug.

She took me into their room, where Dean was asleep. A bottle of Jack Daniels beside him on the nightstand. That's when I noticed it.

Mirrors were broken, glass was everywhere. Chairs were turned over, the TV was on the floor.

We went back into the living room, careful not to wake him up. He needed the rest.

"I-I feel heartbroken, for Rachel, for Lily, For Dean, everyone that witnessed that." Maddy sniffled.

"Oh, Maddy." I hugged her. "Where's Lily?"

"In the other room, with Ellie. Today we're going to their apartment and getting her stuff. She's moving in with us." She informed.