2 | a walk

chapter two
A WALK
"smile, the worst is yet to come."

After walking back towards the dropship, Evelynn spotted a boy angrily lunging himself at Wells Jaha while his a giant squad of other delinquents cheered him on

"Would you look at this, Chancellor of Earth," the boy kicked him hard in the ankle, making Wells take a harsh fall. The other boy did not look he was going to stop beating the poor guy up anytime soon.

Evelynn ran up quickly and pushed herself between the Octavia girl and her brother.

"Hey stop it!" Evelynn burst out, she felt two arms cross over her stomach at the same time, holding her back from getting any closer to the fight. The Blake siblings.

The kid yelled back to her, "Mind your own business, red riding hood!"

Evelynn internally chucked at the nickname, glancing down at her red tank top.

She then looked up to see Clarke staring directly at her, looking like a deer in headlights. Evelynn gave her an innocent wave to which Clarke just let her jaw drop. Evelynn stifled a laugh.

Wells pushed himself back up and readied himself to continue the fight as the other kid smirked.

Cutting the fight short, Finn jumped off a ledge on the dropship in between the two boys.

"Kids got one leg," Finn told the other boy who was simmering in rage, "Why don't you wait until it's a fair fight?"

Octavia made her way up to Finn, "Hey Spacewalker," flirtatiousness dripping from her words, "rescue me next,"

Evelynn laughed at her as she watched her brother approach her, to which she defended, "What? He's cute,"

Her brother was not amused, "He's a criminal,"

Octavia was unfazed, "They're all criminals,"

Octavia ignored the fact that her brother seemed to want to say more to her, and she made her way back over to Evelynn.

"Sorry about grabbing you by the way," Octavia apologized, "I just didn't want you to get hurt, especially by Murphy."

"Don't apologize, I should be thanking you," Evelynn offered her a sweet smile. She looked behind Octavia and saw her brother standing behind her protectively like her shadow.

Octavia cocked her head, "I don't remember seeing you in juvenile detention or Earth Skills. Who are you?"

"Oh, I'm—" Evelynn was quickly cut off by a body flinging themselves onto her. The person held her tighter than she had ever been hugged before and they were breathing heavily in her ear. "Evelynn!"

When they let her go, she saw Clarke with tears threatening to spill from her eyes, "I can't believe you're here,"

Evelynn laughed, "Me? I can't believe you're here."