7 | hostages

chapter seven
HOSTAGES
"stranger, you know me too much."

Evelynn woke up a bit disoriented

Evelynn woke up a bit disoriented. It was completely dark outside and she wasn't in her own tent.

She sat up and soon remembered Bellamy let her borrow his tent. She then also remembered that Bellamy left to try to stop Murphy from killing Charlotte.

Evelynn reluctantly pulled herself out of the warm bed and out of the tent to scan the camp for any familiar faces, but she couldn't find any.

She walked around aimlessly for a while until she finally found Octavia, Monty, and Jasper in the dropship.

"Hey, when did you guys get back?" Jasper asked happily, looking away from what Monty was doing with the wristbands.

Evelynn furrowed her brows, "I never left. Are they not back yet?" He shook his head 'no'. A sudden panic rose up in her chest as she thought of all the possible ways things could have gone wrong.

She left the dropship without another word and recklessly ran out of the camp.

She wandered around aimlessly for a few minutes when she realized just how intimidating the woods were at night. There could Grounders just waiting for someone to murder. Evelynn quickly realized she should have brought someone or something with her for protection, but it was too late now.

She then heard some shouts in the distance and saw light coming from a hill not too far from her. She prayed to some cosmic being that it wasn't Grounders and it was Clarke and Finn or Bellamy and ran as fast as she could towards the source.

Evelynn came to an abrupt stop a few feet behind the group when she realized it was Murphy and his murderous search party. She held her breath and turned to hide behind a tree.

As if it couldn't get worse, a twig snapped underneath her foot when she moved. "Great," she muttered sarcastically under her breath.

"Someone's here," one of the boys cried out to Murphy. She heard footsteps come running closer to her. "Charlotte! Come out, I know you're here!" Murphy called out swinging his torch around frantically.

Suddenly, Evelynn felt the heat radiating off the torch directly in her face. "Oh, it's you," Murphy said with disgust, "Where's the girl?"

"I don't know." She said staring at his bloodied up face.

Murphy hummed disapprovingly, his voice sharper, "I'll try again. Where is Charlotte?"

Evelynn rolled her eyes, "I'll tell you again. I don't know."

Murphy smirked, "So that's how you want to play? Okay." He turned to his boys, "Tie her up."

Evelynn's heart plummeting to her stomach in fear of what the boys that surrounded her were capable of. She attempted to run past them, but she was greatly outnumbered. The group all reached out to grab at her and before she could fight them off, two of Murphy's boys were already tying rope tightly around her wrists behind her back.