5 | mercy or murder

chapter five
MERCY OR MURDER
"and if i seemed dangerous, would you be scared?"

chapter five MERCY OR MURDER"and if i seemed dangerous, would you be scared?"

Evelynn sucked in a deep breath and yawned as her eyes flickered open.

"Finally!" A little girl's voice nearly shouted. Evelynn blinked quickly to take in her surroundings. Across from her was Charlotte looking at her with a smirk, her legs outstretched, feet connecting with Bellamy's who's legs were outstretched as well.

Evelynn realized her head was comfortably resting on Bellamy's shoulder. She also noticed his jacket over her.

"You must have been really tired," Charlotte laughed at her.

Evelynn gave her a sleepy smile and rubbed her eyes, "I hadn't slept in three days."

"Good morning, crazy," Bellamy greeted as she sat up. She elbowed him in the ribs, "Shut up, freckles,"

She handed his jacket back to him, a confused expression on her face, "When did I—?"

Charlotte spoke up, her feet moving Bellamy's feet back and forth, "You were shivering when I woke up, so I gave it to you,"

Evelynn smiled, her heart melting a bit, "Thanks, Charlotte,"

Bellamy stood up and brushed off his pants, "We should go, the fog is cleared and we're wasting daylight sitting around."

Evelynn brushed some knots out of her hair as she sighed, Bellamy's authoritative side was back. Part of her wished they could stay in the cave and just talk, then they don't have to worry about reality.

They walked out of the cave and felt the warm sunlight hit their skin, it was probably around mid-day.

Bellamy looked around and yelled, "Anybody out here?" There was a pause as he waited for a reply.

Evelynn sighed, "They're probably back at camp."

He ignored her, "Jones?"

Surprisingly, they heard a reply not too far away from them, "We're here!"

They immediately started over to find the voice. They found Jones with two other kids that were out hunting as well.

"Lost you in the stew," Bellamy called out as they approached the three, "Where'd you go?"

"We made it to a cave down there," Jones pointed down the hill they were on, "What the hell was that?" Bellamy shook his head, "I don't know,"