10 | calling ark station

chapter ten
CALLING ARK STATION
"what you gonna do when there's blood in the water?"

chapter tenCALLING ARK STATION"what you gonna do when there's blood in the water?"

Walking into camp, Evelynn could feel herself crumbling. She was desperately fighting a darkness that was trying to consume her, her ears were ringing and there was a dull throbbing in her arm accompanied by overwhelming heat from the wound.

She walked a few steps into camp before she finally let her knees buckle. Evelynn kneeled on the dirt, eyes squeezed shut, holding her jacket tightly to her arm. She could vaguely hear the crack of thunder above her head or the shouts of people around her.

She didn't know how long she was sitting there, time and sound all melding together in a blur in her mind.

"Evelynn!"

She let her eyes flicker up to someone standing in front of her. Bellamy was looking down at her with urgency, "Get in the dropship, there's a storm coming."

She blinked fast and tried her best to forget about her pain. She used all her strength to stand herself back up, but as soon as she took a step forward, she blacked out for a second as she stumbled and started to fall.

Bellamy quickly wrapped his arms around her waist before she toppled over, and watched as her jacket fell to the ground beside her.

It was drenched in blood.

"Holy shit."

Bellamy grabbed Evelynn and found the wound in the back of her arm that was still bleeding.

He instantly scooped her up into his arms and walked quickly to the dropship, "What the hell happened to you?"

"I fell into a fucking knife."

He wanted to tease her again, the 'language' joke on the tip of his tongue, but he stopped himself. Now was not the time.

Bellamy shook his head as he walked her into the chaotic dropship. All heads of the delinquents turned to him as he stood in the doorway carrying a body.

"What the hell are you looking at? Get out of the way!"

Everyone moved aside as Bellamy made his way to the center of the dropship to a makeshift bed and Clarke who was wrapping bandages around the knife still deep in Finn's stomach.

Bellamy found a cleared area on the ground a few feet away from Finn and carefully set Evelynn down. She instantly brought her hand to her wound and winced, not doing much other than covering her hand in blood.

Bellamy immediately brought his fingers to her neck under her jaw checking her pulse. Evelynn tried to shove him off, "You don't have to do that, I'm not dead."

Bellamy stared her down before removing his fingers, "I'm just checking your heart rate, okay?"

Evelynn rolled her eyes and complied.