18 | long story

chapter eighteen
LONG STORY
"this is a wild game of survival."

"I'm fine

"I'm fine. Just a misfire. Now stop worrying about me and get back to work, all of you." Bellamy's voice crackled through the static of the walkie-talkie that Octavia held, "And tell Raven to hurry her ass up."

Octavia tossed the walkie from hand to hand, pacing in front of the dropship door, waiting for the time to rush in and save her brother.

She felt awfully alone as her nerves were already dangerously on edge. The people that previously surrounded for once actually listened to Bellamy and went back to work.

She pivoted on her heel and was met with a familiar face the watched her with immense confusion and fear.

"You heard Bellamy," she said, "go tell Raven to hurry her ass up."

Evelynn raised her eyebrows at Octavia's demand, "You see I would, but I don't know where Raven's ass is."

Octavia blinked blankly at her for a few seconds before she realized Evelynn had been missing in action throughout the entire night and morning.

"Oh my god!" She instantly grabbed Evelynn and pulled her into a hug. As soon as Evelynn was released, Octavia burst into a ramble of questions.

"Where'd you go? What were you thinking? Are you okay? Did you find our friends? Did you see Lincoln? Why are you covered in blood?"

"Okay, Octavia." Evelynn stopped her, grabbing hold of the girls upper arms, silencing her, "Breathe."

Octavia breathed deeply and nodded.

"All that can wait, okay? I need to know what the hell happened here while I was gone."

»»————- ★ ————-««

Bellamy clutched the thick, dry seatbelt rope that hung around his neck, the crate wobbling below him.

Fear wasn't a strong enough word for the immense emotions he felt right now.

"You know, I got to hand it to you, Bellamy. You got 'em all fooled. They actually look up to you," Murphy sniffed as he watched Bellamy with blood-thirst, "almost as much as they look up to Clarke. Yeah, well, we know the truth, don't we?"

Bellamy squirmed. We're the last words he was ever going to hear the ones of hate from Murphy? Did he really deserve that?

"You're a coward. I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from beneath me. But you were just giving the people what the wanted, right? Isn't that what you said?"