Chapter Three

He opened the doors and walked in with his awe-inspiring beauty.
There I was a week ago wishing to just have a glimpse of him but here I am now in the same castle as he is. He is mine, I smiled at the thought. Okay maybe not totally mine yet, but in a week he will be. I couldn't get those rambling nagging thoughts out of my head, I just keep staring at those blue eyes which seemed to pierce into my soul. It felt so unnatural.
"Lady Mae" Alexander called out to me. A cold shiver ran down my body on hearing his angelic voice. I couldn't form words to say to him.
"Staring is rude my lady," he said as he approached where I sat. I drew myself out of the spellbind but couldn't help the heat that rushed to my face. At least I didn't drool. I could have sworn I heard a hit of amusement in his voice but his face was void of expression. "My lord" I greeted as I let my gaze fall. I couldn't look into that perfect face, those piercing eyes. I had embarrassed myself enough. I could feel his gaze burning holes in me. He nodded slowly with a bored look before turning and moving towards his chambers.
I felt my legs move swiftly on their own accord before I could get a grip of myself, I had already held his arm. He turned towards me with an expressionless face that made me feel suddenly light-headed.
Wasn't he supposed to smile at me or something? I thought to myself. I mustered courage and gave him a sheepish smile as I withdrew my hand.
"I'm sorry my lord, I just- I- I- I.." I couldn't even make a meaningful sentence. He ignored my weak apology as he gave me an uncomfortable hard stare. There was an awkward silence. I begged the earth to open up and take me but even the earth couldn't save me from Mr perfect.
I couldn't bare the silence any longer, I needed to hear his voice. It made electric sparks shoot up my body just hearing it.
It wasn't a fascination, it was a need.
"My lord, would you like me to bring you dinner?" I asked. Anything to make him talk to me, anything to hear his voice.
He turned towards the door to his chambers as he slowly approached it.
"I already ate," he said grumpily "Besides it's the maid's job, not yours." he finished before leaving me standing there in utter stupidity.
To say the treatment didn't hurt would be a complete lie. It stung. This might be harder than I thought.

After my not-so-pleasant encounter with my not-so-friendly but super gorgeous, so-dreamy, and well-sculpted future husband, I went to my chamber for a good night's rest. I needed to clear my head of him.
A few hours later and I was still tossing and turning on the queen-sized bed. It was useless. I wasn't able to think of anything other than those eyes. They haunted my dreams that night.
___________________________

I woke to a knock on my door. I turned on my bed, I had eventually fallen asleep, praise the heavens. The constant knocking on the door made me groan as I made to get up from the comfort of my bed. " who could that be? Maybe Mother came to check on me or Ruby or it could be a maid" I thought to myself as I dragged my heavy legs to the door rubbing my sleepy eyes.
I wasn't exactly ladylike when I woke, I mean who is?
Opening the door and all the air is knocked out of my lungs as I see Mr perfect, -my soon-to-be husband, his large frame resting at the side of my doorpost. I let out a shriek before running my hand through my helpless hair.
"My lord you're here?" I said in a surprised tone. Of course he would be here I mentally scolded myself. It's his castle, he can be anywhere of his choice.
"Yes Mae, I'm here" his voice as stoic as ever. I wonder what I ever did to him.
"I couldn't help myself, what a sight you are to behold," he said gazing at me intensely as sarcasm dripped from each word he said. Mr perfect was always grumpy, I'm sure he would look amazing if his kissable lips were pulled upwards into a smile. I got lost again in those blue eyes. Oh, Mae, this isn't normal.
"my lady, did lord Gregory do nothing in teaching you not to stare?" Alexander said in an agitated tone. No wonder he hates me, I always act dumb in his presence.
"uhm- - Papa did, I'm sorry my lord," I said avoiding his gaze.

He was here to invite me for a walk in the garden later in the day.
After I was done with my morning routine, I went down for breakfast with my mother, Ruby, and Alexander. Yes, Alexander was there. I couldn't even chew properly, his presence did things to me. I was helplessly attracted to him.
Later in the day, Alexander and I went to the garden for a walk. It was a way to get to know each other and it did wonders although we didn't have long conversations I felt closer to him.