Chapter Sixteen

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce lord Brad Hamilton and lady Cathindra Othello as man and wife". The priest said as red roses showered on the newly weds.
Tears of joy escaped my eyes, I have always been an emotional person.
Sparks erupted through my face as my husband's hands wiped away the stray tears that rolled down my cheek.

"they look so beautiful together" I said making Alexander smile down at me. Admiration shone clearly in his eyes.
My husband has been so loving recently and it honestly scared me in a way.

The couple walked out the temple as cheers erupted all through.
"Cathindra!!" I exclaimed wrapping my arms around her in a hug.

" my lady, thank you so much for gracing the occasion" her face shone in appreciation.

"of course I'd be here, I wouldn't miss it for the world".
I can't believe she thought I wouldn't be here, she was my friend and lord Hamilton was like a brother to me.

"Mae I see you're glowing, my friend must be doing his best" Hamilton said wiggling his eyebrow.
Oh good heavens, take me right now, I thought to myself as heat rose to my cheeks.

"Brad it's best to stop making my wife feel uncomfortable"
Alexander's large arms held my waist.
My husband was honestly my saviour.

" I can't help it, she's just so shy" he chuckled as Alexander joined in.

Mother being herself couldn't help overreacting on seeing lord Hamilton all big and married. She considered he and Julian her sons as they spent most of their time at the castle while growing up.
Sutton had also been at the ceremony of course she looked as beautiful as always. To be sincere, I felt insecure in her presence. My looks weren't as amazing as hers, I was just a curvy girl with boring eyes.
*
*
The ride back to the castle was silent as my husband held me close to him. Alexander has been too touchy lately not that I'm complaining, on the contrary I loved it.
My heart was swollen with so much affection and happiness. I was finally getting the married life papa always wanted.
__________________________

I kept tossing and turning on the bed. My eyes blinked open as I let out a long, soft sigh .i couldn't sleep.
Alexander lay beside me, his chest rising and falling faintly and his thick arm wrapped around my waist as he was deep in sleep.
At least one of us could get some shut eye.
Even while he was asleep, he still looked so handsome. His sent of pinewoods and Cologne hitting my nose as he cuddled me.
I was practically drooling in his arms. Alexander was so perfect and I was totally aware I didn't deserve him.

Remorse washed over me as my mind wandered to our family. I still hadn't given him a child.
I really wanted to give him an heir but I just couldn't conceive a child.
The kingdom was desperate for one and I know even mother wanted grandchildren.
I could see the longing in her eyes each time we talked about children. She had recently stopped mentioning the topic which I'm overly grateful for but still I couldn't help the pang of hurt that crushed through my heart.

If I didn't give Alexander a child soon, he would be forced to sire a child outside our marriage. I would be viewed as barren and publicly mocked.
My heart sunk at the thought of that.

"why are you awake"
My husband asked tugging me to his side without opening his eyes.

" uhm, I - I -" oh no not this stupid stuttering again I mentally scolded myself.

"Go to sleep Mae"

His voice sent a calm sensation through me and I found my eyes drooping as I welcomed sleep.