Chapter Twenty Eight

A month had gone by since I remembered, and I still felt like an empty shell.
Alexander doesn't come to our chamber anymore, I don't even feel his presence at home either.
If he eventually came home, he would watch from a distance and leave immediately.

Mother was overly worried on my recent behavior but I passed it as pregnancy changes which she reluctantly agreed to.

All I wanted to do was talk to someone about the situation but I couldn't. Alexander and I were the only ones aware of our predicament, Not even mother knew her son was the long forgotten immortal Axion.

I struggled to keep up with eating and resting for the health of the child, keeping all the hurt and pain bottled up in me did nothing other than shatter me.
**************************

"Mae I need to talk to you" Alexander announced walking into our chamber.

"leave me alone, I told you I don't want to talk"

"you need to hear me out, it's stressing the baby Mae!" he stated walking to where I sat.

"I know how to take care of my child"

"just hear me out!" he yelled shutting me up.

"As you said, I'm not human or rather I wasn't human" he said taking a seat beside me.

"what do you mean?" I questioned

"there's more to the story than you remember Mae" my husband begun

"I was an immortal, a god so to say charged to look after the human realm. I cared and provided for them and granted their petitions if it was within my power."

He paused before continuing

"I was at the mortal world on a certain day when you caught my eyes, You looked so pure and beautiful. It took time but I eventually got your attention."

"that day, at the mahogany tree" I chirped in

"yes, that day. You fell for my charms and we got married before Proteus" he wiggled his eyebrow teasingly.
If it was any other day, I would have chuckled at that sight.

"there were some immortals against our union, they feared what our offspring would be but I couldn't care less. You gave me your all, your body, soul, love, cries, laughter, - everything.
You didn't care that I was immortal eventually one day you would - - "

" one day I'd die and you'll be alone " I said the words he couldn't.

" I couldn't let that happen, I couldn't bare to see you die Mae. You completed me, put an end to the longing I once had so I brought up the idea of the petition, - to approach Proteus and the council to make you immortal just like us but they were hesitant on it. We waited for months and still there was no response "

" where did we live? " I questioned making him chuckle.

" A palace near the sea, you were fond of the sea then" he said placing my stray hair behind my ear.

"on a certain day I left for the heavens, to get feedback on our petition"

"I asked you not to go Alexander!"

"yes, but I wouldn't listen. I stood before the council convincing them on making you like us when I felt it, a part of me was ripped away. I knew it was your pain for we were bound together for eternity in the heavens after all. Rushing back, I saw you lifeless on the floor with Eris hovering in the shadows"

"What happened after I died?, why are you here with mother and Ruby?". Everything just wasn't adding up

"the longing returned Mae, I went back to the heavens this time around I had a different petition. Knowing you were brutally taken away from the world, a second chance would be given to you.
I asked Proteus and the council to send me back to you, to the human realm.
I asked to be reincarnated." he said

" why did Eris kill me? " this question made his gaze drop.

" She was part of those who weren't in support of our union, she feared our offspring, you were few weeks with child then " hurt and pain were evident in his words.

" I was with child?" my eyes widened in absolute surprise

"Yes Mae, we weren't even aware but somehow Eris knew. I lost not only you but our child also" his fingers trailed down my cheek
"my petition was granted and I was reincarnated but there was an unknown price, my memories were wiped out and I was born to mother"

"when did you remember and what is the faith of our child? I needed to know everything

" I had slight memories the first day our engagement was mentioned, but everything made sense the day we consummated our marriage. As for the child you're expecting, I don't know if there'll be anything extraordinary" he replied

"why didn't you tell me from the beginning?" I could feel my anger building up.

"I didn't want you to remember a past life of hurt, I wanted to give you a better one here"

" how long has it been?" my curiosity has been itching to ask that question

"A century ago" his reply followed right after.

A century had passed before we reunited? I was with child when I died? This was my second life and Alexander reincarnated for me? This was all too much.

"Mae" Alexander called out breaking the silence.

"you don't love me anymore right? A century was enough for you to not want me"
I questioned

"of course I love you Mae, I've always loved you. Your soul is mine and mine is yours.
He places a kiss on my forehead.

" our soul?"

" our bodies changed. It's our souls that are attracted to each other, our souls are bound for eternity " he finished.

" I want to be alone" was all I said as his gaze softened. Nevertheless, he stood and left the room.