Chapter Twenty Seven

The unending torture didn't seem to let up a bit and it bothered me. My husband had told me numerous times to forget about it but I simply just can't.
The images haunted my mind day and night. Those intense orbs that stared at me with so much longing and his voice which held so much power.

I felt it in me, I was definitely attracted to this man who invaded my dreams but I could never admit it, not while I have a husband whom I adore. I decided on having a journal to conceal my dreams and strange feelings.

Last Month, lord Rahl and his entire house graced us with their presence which I found rather odd. They have been aware of my being with child for the last seven months and didn't seem to care but suddenly came with gifts. It certainly didn't feel right.

Alexander on the other hand had doubled the guards following me around. I totally understood the reason to that and didn't complain.

Cathindra and Ruby stayed a while with us at the castle. Cathindra's daughter - Emily had grown a little to be a beautiful baby girl as expected.
While Ruby kept bickering nonstop on how she would make an awesome aunt.
_______________________________

". . . He wouldn't come for you and we both know it, his petition was denied he'll want nothing to do with you now human"
She said faintly as she shadowed across the room.

"you're lying! He wouldn't leave me"

"don't be so naive mortal. You know I speak the truth" a sinister laughter escaped her lips

"Eris the goddess of discord doesn't lie. Your precious Axion has deserted you Rhya"
With those words, she plunged her hand into my chest ripping out my heart making me gasp. She crushes it as darkness consumes me.
********************

"Alexander!!!" I shook him awake as I sat up on the bed. It was dawn and daylight flickered slightly into the room.

"What's wrong? Still your dreams?"
He mumbled into his pillow sleepily

Images and memories flood through my head as each puzzle fits into another.

"you're not human!" I gasp as my hand goes down to my kicking stomach.

"Mae what are you talking about?!"
He questions sitting up

"I-I-I remember, I remember everything" I stammered

"They're just dreams and nothing more, go back to sleep" he said lazily.

"Axion, - Eris, - Proteus, - the heavens.
I'm Rhya and those dreams where my past life" realization dawned on me.

Alexander stiffens beside me without uttering a word.

"you knew didn't you" getting up from the bed I start backing away from him.

"Mae calm down and listen"

"You called out to me when you were injured, you've always known haven't you" betrayal washed through me.

He cast his gaze down unable to defend himself.

"since when have you kept this from me Alexander? Since we got married?" I spat out bitterly

"all those times of pushing me away and saying I was forced on you when we actually belonged together! How could you?!"

"I couldn't tell you" he said still avoiding my gaze.

"Why!?!?" I yelled as a stray tear stains my cheek

"Mae calm down, you're stressed and it's not good for the child"

"Alexander you made me feel like I was crazy, you kept saying it was nothing!"

"I didn't want you to worry" he took a step towards me

"and you were even with others when I went back to papa. We were supposed to be for eternity, - no cheating" the tears now profusely spilling.

"Mae calm down and come to me" he approached where I stood.

"No!!" I shouted
"stay away from me Alexander!"

"I can't do that, you're carrying my child"

"Leave Me Alone!!!!"
My anger now at its peak. I could feel the change in my mood, my rapid heart beats and the pulsing of my blood making me loose all constraints I had on myself.
I threw a fit.
********************

I still kept having dreams and unfixed puzzles were slowly answered.
I haven't seen Alexander since that morning, I know he's staying away to protect the child. My fit and rage had affected the pregnancy slightly.

My day was spent locked in my chamber in absolute silence, hurt and betrayal.

Right now, I'm only an empty shell of what I once was.