An Unexpected Journey ~ 1

"We best be on our way, I suppose" Ryneela said, looking up at the sky

Letting out a small sigh through her nose, she mounted a beautiful black stallion, one with a white diamond on his forehead, who had been one of Ryneela's loyal companions for many years. The stallion, whom was called Spirit, reared back slightly, letting out a small sound of approval as Ryneela got comfortable, clicking her tongue twice, which cased him to start walking to the woods. Rising her hood over her head, she made sure her eyes were covered, knowing that they could be a distraction should others get a proper look at them, grasping the reins in her leather clad hands as Spirit sped up into a comfortable walk. Her bag had been resting behind her, a shoulder bag gently bouncing on the left side of her waist, her elven blade strapped to her right, dagger on her right thigh, plus a few more hidden in her boots and other parts of her clothing.

Ryneela always made sure she had any type of blade on her person, even if it was a small one, she could still do some damage when she needed to, her brothers made sure of that when she reached her teenage years. They were the ones who taught her how to fight and fend for herself, being that their mother passed on when Erebor and Dale fell at the flames of Smaug, the great dragon. She was always grateful to have them in her life, for they were always there when she needed it, smiling slightly at the thought of them. Pushing those thoughts aside for now, she thought more about what this journey entailed, surely the men would protest of having a woman join their Company, but she didn't really care at the moment, she just knew that she needed to get to The Shire soon. Gandalf wasn't one to appreciate those being late and neither was Ryneela.

The stars began to twinkle, though a few clouds were beginning to roll, covering almost all of them by the time she reached The Shire, following the path to the very end where embers had been rising from a chimney, also noticing a symbol that represented an F, one that was located at the bottom of the door, telling Ryneela that she had arrived at the right place. Clicking her tongue twice, Spirit came to a stop, allowing her to dismount, leading him over to the gate on the side of the Hobbit hole and tie the reins in place. Spirit affectionately nudged his master's chin, which caused her to chuckle slightly, placing a kiss on his nose and giving him a gentle pet on his cheek, her hand lingering as she began to make her way to the front door.

"That’s my mother’s glory box," a voice from the inside said "can you please not do that?!"

Raising her hand, Ryneela knocked on the door, clasping both hands in front of her,

"No more dwarves!" The same voice said, the door opening "I mean it -"

Bilbo Baggins stopped himself at the sight of a hooded figure, who was a bit taller than the average dwarf, Ryneela raising her hands, removing the hood from her head, giving the Hobbit a kind smile, noticing that he had weapons in his hands and he didn't really know what to do with them,

"Ryneela Evantree" she said as she crossed her right arm over her chest, her clenched fist touching her left shoulder, bowing slightly "at your service, Mister Baggins"

"Bilbo Baggins, at yours" the Hobbit replied, looking at her

She let her hand fall to her side, a formal greeting in her family, Bilbo noticing that she did not enter on her own accord like the other dwarves had done, which caused him to shake his head slightly,

"I'm sorry" he said, stepping to the side "do come in"

Giving him another kind smile, Ryneela walked inside the house, looking around, smiling slightly at the furnished home, it was usual for her and her brothers to travel all of Middle Earth as much as they could, and it had been a while since she was in an actual house,