16

"Go now, while you have the light" Beorn said, saddling his last pony "the hunters are not far behind"

The Company saddles and rides Beorn’s ponies, Ryneela rides alongside Kili, Achrigan giving him a look as he rode on her other side, all of them not knowing what's to come next. As they ride away, Beorn, who is staying at his house, looks around for danger, but he also knew that the Evantree's would be fine from harm because they can protect themselves. The company rides rapidly across the land, knowing they needed to get to their destination as soon as possible before Durin's Day came. Determination filled Ryneela's features, Achrigan looking at his baby sister with a small smirk, knowing that she will stay with the Company until Erebor has been reclaimed. He knew his sister well enough, once her mind is set, there's no changing it.

It's how she's always been. The company slowly came to a stop as they approach a looming, gloomy-looking forest, Gandalf dismounts and walks into the edge of the forest through an ancient archway, Ryneela being the next one, though having a bad feeling rest in the pit of her stomach, opening her bag and putting her sword and visible daggers inside, giving Sebastian a soft scratch on his head before closing the flap, clipping it shut. She looked back up to the sky, a few white clouds over them, which might bring a light rain, her gaze slowly trailing down to the gate in front of them, Achrigan walking over to her, wanting to stay close.

"The Elven Gate" Gandalf said, turning to the others "here lies our path through Mirkwood"

"No sign of the Orcs" Dwalin informed "we have luck on our side"

Dwalin dismounts, Ryneela squints as she sees something in the distance, smiling slightly at the sight of Beorn, in his bear-form, watching them from a distant ridge,

"Set the ponies loose" Ryneela said to the dwarves "let them return to their master.”

The dwarves and Bilbo dismount and begin taking their supplies off the ponies, Achrigan placing his hand on Ryneela's shoulder, causing her to look up at him, seeing a small smile on his lips, which let her know that he was happy to fight alongside her once more. And soon, they will all be reunited again. Bilbo approaches the forest on foot,

"This forest feels . . sick" Bilbo said "as if a disease lies upon it. Is there no way around?"

"Not unless we go two hundred miles north, or twice that distance south" Gandalf replied

Ryneela knew that there was something off about the forest, like her brothers did as well, which is why they would rather go around, but she knew that it wasn't an option in this case. Whenever any one of them left to a new place, they would make sure they had enough food and supplies to last two hundred miles, which would mean the occasional wagon with their horses pulling it along. The Evantree's were travelers, that's how they've always been, which means that they get it from their mother, who had always traveled Middle Earth before settling down in Dale, meeting her husband in Erebor when she was healing him. Achrigan softly squeezed Ryneela's shoulder, bringing her from her thoughts, knowing she had a habit of drifting off in her own mind every once in a while.

The unladen ponies trot away, Nori is just about to finish unsaddling Gandalf’s horse just as said wizard emerged from the forest,

"Not my horse!" Gandalf exclaimed "I need it"

As Gandalf strides forward, the Company looks up and murmurs in surprise,

"You’re not leaving us?" Bilbo asked

"I would not do this unless I had to" Gandalf replied

Gandalf looks at Thorin, then turns and looks at a dejected Bilbo,