40

"Oh, my darling" Ryneela said with a smile

She held Sebastian close to her chest, who was happily enjoying the warmth of his mother's touch. Ryneela finally managed to grab her bag and put it over her shoulder when some of the Company was distracted, sneaking away to the main doors of Erebor and enjoying the feeling of the sun against her skin. It was still the same day she had woken up, now Ryneela needed to process everything that had happened during the battle, and Sebastian was more than happy to finally be out of her bag, even though he knew it was the safest place to be.

"There you are" Kili said, walking over to her "we've been looking for you, amrâlimê"

Kili walked up to Ryneela, who turned around and gave him a small smile, setting Sebastian on her shoulder as he stopped in front of her,

"My apologies" Ryneela said softly "I needed a little time to process everything . . . It's not every day you find out that you brought your mother back from the dead, especially after she saved your life and died right in front of you, so . . ."

"I wish I could understand how you feel" Kili said sincerely

"No you don't" she replied, shaking her head slightly "I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Words can't even describe how it feels, Kili. . . She died right in front of me. ."

". . I died too" he said softly "but you changed that, amrâlimê" gently tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear "you brought me back and now there's no telling what you can do with your power. You should feel proud of yourself"

"I don't quite know what to feel" she replied "I wasn't supposed to unlock my power in such an early age, I still had ten more years to do so"

"Oh, there you are" Bofur said, seeing them "Thorin is looking for you both. You best hurry"

Kili and Ryneela looked at Bofur, nodding slightly before making their way back inside the doors of Erebor, following Bofur as he led them to Thorin, a soft sigh emitting from her nose. Right now, she was just glad that the war as over and her love was alive, but Ryneela wasn't expecting to bring her mother back to life as well. The three of them made their way to Thorin, who was standing at his throne, many dwarves surrounding him, but parting like a sea as they passed through,

"We all owe a great debt!" Thorin said, his voice echoing throughout the room, "to one person who had the heart to save us all! Even I, who didn't deserve it after what I have done. We owe a great debt to a woman! One who has traveled with the Company of Thorin Oakenshield since the very beginning of our journey to Erebor! Her name is Ryneela Evantree" causing some dwarves to murmur to one another "born of dwarf and man, knowing what it's like to have her home ripped away from her by the fire of Smaug"

Thorin looked around the room, his eyes landing on the Woman of Evantree, holding out a hand for her, which caused her to walk up to him, some male dwarven men parting from one another to let her pass. Ryneela walking up the steps to the thrown where Thorin waited,

"This woman!" Thorin called "put her life in jeopardy to save us more than once. Facing trolls, goblins, taking an Orc arrow in the leg, facing a dragon and death . . . saving us all" looking at them "this woman is more brave than any one I have ever known in Middle Earth, and it is an honor to call her my friend" looking at the woman, who gave him a small smile in return, Thorin looking at the other dwarves "tonight we celebrate! For the victory in the battle! And for this woman, who rises once more!" looking at her once more "the Blue Phoenix of Evantree"

Ryneela watched as Thorin crossed his right arm over his chest, closed fist touching his left shoulder, but she wasn't expecting the King Under The Mountain to kneel down in front of her. Shocked, Ryneela looked around at the other dwarves, seeing that they too, crossed their right arms over their chests, fists touching their left shoulders and kneeling down, and from where she was standing, it looked like a wave. Ralaric smiled up at his daughter, crossing his right arm over his chest and kneeling down, the nine Men of Evantree doing the same, Leilani doing the same, even Tauriel doing the same. This gesture is a sign of the utmost respect for a single person, it told Ryneela that all of these people trusted her with their lives and would fight alongside her whenever she wished. The only one that was shown this much respect was Liliana, but that was a very long time ago.