37

Azog and Thorin continue fighting, the dwarf manages to knock Azog down, who slides down a slippery slope, before Thorin can chase after him, other orcs arrive and he is forced to fight them. In the courtyard, Bilbo throws rocks at orcs as Dwalin fights, Kili continues fighting his way up the ruins, Tauriel, looking for him, encounters and kills several orcs. Meanwhile, the were-bat is still carrying Legolas in the air. As Bilbo continues throwing rocks, Blog suddenly runs out and smacks Bilbo in the head with the handle of his mace, knocking him out cold. The Were-bat carries Legolas over a stone tower, he shoots it through the neck, killing it and forcing it to release him; he drops gracefully on top of the tower. Azog, recovered suddenly charges at Thorin and knocks him onto the surface of the frozen river.

"Go in for the kill!" Azog yelled, causing many orcs to run out on to the ice to attack Thorin "finish him!"

Thorin looks around rapidly as many orcs run toward him, suddenly, the orcs begin falling over with arrows stuck in them. Legolas is shooting the orcs attacking Thorin from the top of the tower, Thorin, with his broken sword, takes on the remaining orcs. Tauriel, in a moment of peace after dispatching her opponent, calls out,

"Kili!" Tauriel shouted

Kili hears her, but he’s too busy fighting two orcs at once to respond,

"Kili!" Tauriel called out

"Tauriel!" Kili shouted

"Kili. . . She trailed off

Suddenly, Blog jumps out of a tunnel and kicks Tauriel into a rock,

"No!" Tauriel shouted

Seeing this, Kili angrily defeats his opponents and begins making his way toward her, knowing that Achrigan has feelings for the female elf. Tauriel manages to slip out from Bolg’s grasp and begins attacking him with her knife, but he manages to grab both her arms and twists them, causing her to shriek in pain, smashing his fist down on her head, felling her. Thorin continues fighting orcs while Legolas helps, Kili rushes desperately as he hears Tauriel’s groans, Blog raises Tauriel up by the throat, but she manages to kick him in the knee, causing him to fall. He grabs her and throws her body against a wall, as she lays stunned on the ground, he raises his mace for the kill.

Suddenly, Kili leaps from a parapet onto him, causing them to fight and Kili manages to slash him, but Blog grabs Kili by the head and raises the pointed base of his mace to stab him through the chest. Tauriel shout and jumps on Blog from behind,

"No!" Tauriel shouted

Blog manages to throw her down again, and she can do nothing as Blog raises his mace and plunges it through Kili’s chest,

"No!" Tauriel shouted

.
.

A gasp emitted from Ryneela, her sword slowly lowering as her head snapped over to Ravenhill, feeling an unsettling weight in her chest, knowing what happened even before we actually knew. Her breathing slowly began to pick up, her sword falling from her hands as she fell to her knees, her hand grasping the necklace Kili had given her. A shrill scream emitted from Ryneela, one sounding like it lasted for a few moments, echoing throughout the air, everything else slowly muffling, Ralaric looking to his daughter, his heart breaking at the sight of her. Howls filled their ears as the scream died down, paws thudding against the floor, hundreds, if not thousands of wolves running toward the battle field, Ryneela taking in a deep breath.

The sound of a loud howl filled the air, an army wolves bounding over the hill, launching themselves at the orcs, going for their throats and killing them instantly, hearing the vicious growls and barks emitting from the deadly animals. Grasping her sword, Ryneela slowly made her way back to her feet, taking one slow step forward, then another . . then another, now finding herself running toward Ravenhill.