CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

"DON'T HURT her." Nakikiusap na sabi ni Havoc kay Monti habang nakatingin kay Inna na ginigiya ng dalawang lalaki patungo sa kung saang parte ng bahay na hindi sila magkikita. "It wasn't her fault. I was the one who's persistent."

Walang buhay ang mukha ni Monti habang kinakausap niya ito at nagtagis ang bagang niya. Parang pader ang kausap niya at alam niya sa sarili niya na walang patutunguhan 'to.

"Mr—"

"If she's married to you and she cheated on you with me...." His cold eyes stared at his, "won't you beat her up in anger?"

How could this man be so nonchalant about hurting a woman?

"Look, I have your money, like you asked over the phone. So let her go."

Tumitig lang sa kaniya ang kausap at hindi nagsalita.

His jaw tightened. "Don't fuck with me, Mr. Parisi, I'm not in the mood."

Still, he didn't move nor speak. Mas lalong tumalim ang mga mata niya. He's playing with him. Taunting him.

"Speak, damn it!" Nag-uumpisa nang masagad ang pagtitimpi niya ng kausap.

May hinugot ito sa likuran at nanigas siya sa kinauupuan ng makitang baril 'yon at nakatutok 'yon sa kaniya.

"I want to shoot you." Wika nito sa walang emosyong boses. "And kill you and bury you nine feet under the ground and dance in your entrails. Sadly...I can't do that. I know about the Police Officer outside my house right now. I'm not dumb."

"Let her go." 'Yon lang ang sinabi niya.

"Why?"

"Because she's not happy with you."

Monti shrugged. "I'm not happy either."

"You're hurting her."

"I'm in constant pain because of her." Monti answered.

"She doesn't love you."

Hindi sumagot si Monti saka humigpit lang ang hawak nito sa baril.

"So let her go." Dagdag niya. "Here's your money, I can add more for interest, just set her free."

Umiling si Monti saka ginawang pangkamot sa nuo nito ang dulo ng baril na hawak. "I don't need your money. I'm not letting her go."

"She will still divorce you. With my help and Leona's testimony, Inna will be free from you in a month or two." Nagtatagis ang bagang niya. "This conversation...our situation right now, you're at the disadvantage. You will be shamed—"

"And you think I care?" Malamig itong tumawa. "Fuck you. You think this is my worse, Mr. Andrada? No. I can do far more worse than hurting Inna. So leave my house before I shoot you. And if Inna divorce me with your help, how do you think she'll do that when she's caged inside my house?"

Kumuyom ang kamao niya. Handa na siyang sugurin ng suntok ang kaharap pero pinigilan niya ang sarili. "You said you want money."

"I want to meet you in person." He shrugged. "I want to see the man who played as the husband of my wife in the island. And now I'm disappointed. There's nothing special about you. Just a man...trying to steal and own what's not his." Tumayo ito saka tinutok ang baril sa kaniya. "Leave. I don't want to see you again."

"You will see me again." Tumayo siya para magpantay ang mukha nila. "I'm going to take my Inna away from you. One way or another."

"Try...and die."

"I'm willing to lay my life for Inna." Tumiim ang bagang niya. "And you disappoint me as well. I thought there's something special about you, my Inna left me to marry you. But I was wrong, you're just a man trying to be a husband to a woman who doesn't want to do anything with you and forcing to own a person who doesn't want to be owned by you."