CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

PAREHO SILANG walang imik ni Fyre ng umupo si Monti sa upuan na para sana kay Havoc. Nanlalamig ang buong katawan ni Inna at nanginginig ang kamay niya. She's mentally and emotionally scared of Monti.

"So..." Monti drawls, "Inna—"

"Why did you hurt her?" Si Fyre ang nagtanong na pumutol sa iba pang sasabihin ni Monti na ikinagulat niya.

Monti's cold and unnerving eyes gaze at Fyre. "Who are you to ask? Are you Inna?"

"I'm her lawyer." Matapang na sagot ni Fyre na hindi man lang natinag sa titig ni Monti. "And I believe I have the right to ask since I'm her Attorney. Do you know how many cases I can file against you for beating your wife—"

"If you know how many cases you can file against me, i'm sure you know how to shut up." Monti cut Fyre off before looking at her. "Now, Inna, what was your question again?"

Her tongue tied. She couldn't speak because of fear that Monti might hurt her. "N-nothing—"

"Speak, Inna." Sabi ni Fyre sa kaniya na ikinatingin niya rito. "Hindi ka niya sasaktan. Hindi ako makakapayag. Ako ang bahala sayo."

Kahit papaano at nagkaroon siya ng lakas ng loob na harapin si Monti. "Please let me go. I don't love you. Even if you hurt me everyday and cage me, I will never ever love someone like you."

Monti's face remain stoic. "Why, Inna? I gave your family everything they need—"

"You don't love and you don't respect me—"

"You don't know what I feel, Inna." Putol ni Monti sa iba pa niyang sasabihin habang nagtatagis ang bagang nito. "And respect is earned, not asked or given."

Para siyang sinampal sa sinabi nito. "Don't I deserve some respect from you?"

"Why? Did you respect me? As far as I know, before our marriage, you came here, in this island, and you give yourself to Havoc Andrada whom you don't even know. That's disrespectful since you know you'll be married to me. You have no right to ask for respect."

Nagtagis ang bagang niya. "You slept with a lot of women in our two years of marriage—"

"Did you see me slept with them?" Monti countered. "Those are just words, Inna. You didn't see me. You have no proof. But you choose to believe them because you want to believe that i'm a bad husband."

Napipilan siya. "But you beat me up..." nangilid ang luha niya, "you hurt me so much—"

"You cheated on me. What do you want me to do? Throw a party for you?"

Tinuyo niya ang luha sa pisngi niya. "I don't love you...and Havoc is my happiness. I tried to stop. I tried to let go of my feelings for him but it gets stronger everyday. What do you want me to do, Monti? My heart won't stop beating for Havoc even if you cage me and beat me up."

Hindi na nagsalita si Monti kaya naman naglakas siya ng loob na tumingin dito.

Inna immediately shrink away when she saw him looking at her intently. Like he's planning something wicked. And it scares her. Again.

Bumaling siya sa pinsan ni Havoc. "Fyre—"

"Lets go." Wika ni Fyre saka nauna na itong tumayo at hinawakan siya sa pulsuhan. "Halika na."

Nang makatayo siya, nagtaka siya ng lumapit si Fyre kay Monti ay may ibinulong sa tainga nito bago siya hinila palabas ng Gyros.

Nakahinga si Inna ng maluwang nang nakasakay na sila sa golf cart ni Fyre at minamaneho iyon ni Fyre palayo.