Chapter 4: Bernardo

I walked down the hallway escorted by a woman with a mix of pale pink and blonde hair. I hadn't spoken a word since agreeing to ruin my life and marry that prince. I hadn't spoken a word to him yet and knew it better to hold my tongue knowing I would explode on him when he was in the same boat as me.

The woman was moving quickly to get me prepared for the sham of the wedding. I knew I wasn't painting myself in the best light by showing my emotions, but I couldn't help how I was feeling. After making a left turn down the white hallway, we stepped into a large room with large bay windows that allowed a glimpse to a beautiful view of a rushing river congested with clumps of ice. There weren't any places within our territory that provided the same or even similar views.

"Your highness, we need to get you dressed and ready as soon as possible," the woman said. I noticed something familiar in the way she spoke.

"Where are you from?"

"I am originally from southern Europe," she said. As she talked, she moved to the center of the room where a mannequin was wearing a royal tux. She had a similar accent as my first kill. I remembered him begging for me to spare his life before I killed him.

The suit was a strange color. I thought I would be in green, as it was the customary color for Southern royalty. I was even prepared for burgundy, the staple for the north. Instead, it was the color of a warm cider; it took me a while, but after a few moments I realized that it was the central color in the Panamanian flag.

"We should hurry," she said.

"What's the rush this can't go on without me?"

My hand slowly fumbled with my top button.

"The price is rushing through a much more extensive preparation than yours and I don't want him to have to wait on you to just shower and dress," she explained. Her eyes never left my hands as they worked to unbutton my shirt. The guard standing at the door knew to leave the room.

"How about you give a man one last experience before I'm joined at the hip with another man," I said. The woman whose name I didn't care to learn contemplated her next actions. After only a few seconds she began unbuttoning a white blouse that was straining ever so slightly against her chest...

By the time we finished with her, the windows were foggy and her hair was wet with sweat and my body was as wet as her. My fingers went to my mouth as I tasted her sweet juices while I stared at her. She was having an obvious internal conflict about her actions, not that I cared since I had already had my way with her.

"I shouldn't have done that," she said, standing up which took her some effort as she fought from stumbling as she put her heels back on.

"The secret is safe with me," I said, removing the sock that was barely remaining on my foot, rendering me nude. She walked over to me and placed her pointer finger over my forehead, which sent a wave of cool moist air down my body.

"This is a purification spell, you're sterile now. Next, I'll dress you," she said while moving both hands to my shoulder and then brushing them away. I felt fabric roll down my body as if a wave was ebbing and flowing along my skin. Within seconds, she had fully clothed, and had me feeling refreshed.

"That's some convenient magic," I told the woman.

"It's my job. Now let's get you to your wedding, your highness," she replied. She performed the same sanitizing spell on herself.

We began leaving the room; the door opened before she could even touch it and the guard stepped to my side as we exited. She walked with a purpose down the hallway until we reached a large room with an elevated stage near the far wall. There were large windows and the lights above provided lighting that was the same as a southern sunset.