Chapter 33: Myles

We were at the end of the three-month build-up which was more like the beginning of our story. Our daughter was done gestating and it was time to introduce the princess into the world. It would not be a long process, in fact, we could be done within five minutes if we had no major hiccups. I was sitting on the nursery floor surrounded by shades of gray and white while occupying my mind by focusing on the feel of the temperature on my skin. Bernardo was pacing around me and his constant walking had me on edge.

"Could you sit down," I said rather passively as my mind began drifting to the murmurings of Dr. Lopez who was taking notes near the door.

"I can't stop moving with all of this energy inside of me," he said as his feet it the ground for emphasis.

"Well you aren't helping me out," I said watching as the doctor came over and smiled at me.

"Your highness I am prepared for the procedure. If you would like to begin now I can make that happen," the doctor informed.

"Let's begin," I responded to the doctor who waved his hands in the air which filled the room with the smell of something fresh that could not be properly identified. Laying down I took in a deep breath ready for the ordeal to be over and to love on my daughter. I could feel Rosa in the corner sending feelings of reassurance my way and some to Bernardo as he seemed to calm down quite a bit.

"Please remain calm this should only take ten minutes at the most. First I'm going to sanitize your skin," the doctor rattled off quickly in Spanish before doing just as he said. His hands went to my uncovered abdomen and I felt a rush of refreshing air and moisture that went away as soon as it came.

"Now I'm going to enter and secure the artificial womb," Dr. Lopez informed before whispering to himself and letting his hands hover an inch above the hump in my stomach. After a moment he cleared his throat and reached inside of me as if my skin was air. Bernardo grasped my hand as he knelt beside me. The doctor moved with confidence as he began to rise. I couldn't feel him doing anything but soon my body began to feel empty and I watched as he began to pull his hands from inside of me revealing the contraption he placed inside of me only three months ago. Inside I can feel the outline of a small person inside and my heart flutters.

"Lastly we get rid of the womb and our princess will be revealed."

I watched along as I lifted myself up by my arms, my eyes focused on the doctor who walked to the crib placing the fake womb inside before snapping his fingers causing a bright light to consume the room. I had to shield my eyes from the harshness waiting impatiently for it to dissipate. When it finally went away I opened my eyes and saw the doctor bowing on bent knee. Standing I rushed to the crib along with Bernardo and Rosa. My eyes watered the moment I looked at he little face with closed eyes. Her hands waved around looking for something to hold onto so I reached in and placed my hand over her chest.

"Rose please inform those who need to know that Panama has welcomed it's firstborn, Princess Aubrey Maria Cider-Rouanet. Let the world know that a future queen has probably been born today," Bernardo said as I pulled our daughter into my arms gingerly promising to give her all that I could...

3 years later

I could hear the crowds around shouting us on as we made our way to the thrones in the middle of the stadium. I felt out of place and at home at the same time. The coronation was way more formal than I was comfortable with but trying to place my best foot forward I smiled and waved at the people who now called me and my husband king. Aubrey stood in between us looking utterly bored at the festivities and I feared a tantrum was soon to come if this dragged on any longer. In the audience, our families stood looking at us being the only ones dressed in a color that wasn't a neutral tone.

"I would like to welcome the Dual Kings of Panama, King Bernardo, and Myles Cider-Roaunet as well as their daughter Princess Aubrey to take their rightful place at the head of this country. In three years they have stabilizedb the economy of this land, garnered relationships with other nations, as well as squashed terrorist threats. For the great acts and the spread of peace throughout the western hemisphere their work as led to, they have proven to thier subjects that they deserve their titles," My sister Celine said from a podium with a smile. I smiled back at her before sitting down on the golden throne that I planned to have melted down and turned into something more useful. Bernardo grabbed Aubrey and sat her down.

"I want attention," she huffed as we were hit with a barrage of flashing lights from cameras in the audience. Smiling I looked over at the direct little girl who had her fathers nose and my eyes, Her little silk dress was already creased in areas from her sitting down on the ground and her crown maid from her braided hair was a few tugs away from coming apart. 

"You have the attention of all of these people, take it in because when you grow up you're going to have to give your attention to them," I told her.

"I want both daddies attention all to myself," she said remaining firmly in the "my" stage of personality development. Bernardo knowingly smirked at me then looked down at my stomach which would soon start showing again. I smiled back at him and looked out at the audience ready to get back to the work of serving them and bringing more peace into the world.

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry it took me so long, but I was moving. Was also distracted while working on trying to change covers because they were driving me crazy and I'm still not satisfied with them. Also, trying to write a book in the third person POV is taking a lot of my focus on this book. I wanted to end in a different way but could only think of things that would needlessly draw it out. At some point, I will clean the last few chapters up some. Also, to the people who have been telling me any grammatical/spelling mistakes,thanks!!! because I can't get better without correction.