Chapter 32: Bernardo

He had this weird way of walking now that he was prominently showing. His legs would bend outward and he would throw his hips as he walked as if to launch himself a hundred times until he made it to where he wanted to be. It was both hilarious to watch and adorable. He had adapted perfectly to his new body which was not an easy feat since the growth in his stomach was throwing off his equilibrium and he was also dealing with the constant drain of energy on his body. Today seemed to good for him because there was a visible spring in his step and a positive demeanor was present in his body language. As I looked at him walking out the back door going towards the beach as he had been doing for just under a month I wondered what he was going to do. He never really went to the beach before he was pregnant but now he seemed to go every day. I had allowed him the privacy but my inquisitiveness had finally won out.

As he walked I began following behind him to see what he had been doing with the alone time. I turned behind me as I stalked my husband and stopped Alejandro from following as it would be too obvious with more than one person tracing Myles to the backyard. Continuing behind my unsuspecting husband I watched as he stopped where the sand began and slipped off his woven sandals before placing his bare feet on the warm sand. I was fully aware that I was only able to follow him because he had abstained from sensing for people around him as he said it was using too many parts of his brain at one time on top of how much strain the baby had taken on him. He seemed to stand for a while and take in the sensations all around him before he began walking down to the water in his white shorts that stopped midway down his thigh and the light pink shirt he was wearing was half buttoned. The moment was honestly serene to watch especially as he began walking on the surface of the water. His hands left from his stomach where they had been rested and he began waving them about and I watched as the water began rushing with every stroke of his forearm.

It felt like hundreds of pounds of pressure was being added to the air and I looked on from a bush which I was using to hide behind in awe. The water seemed to obey every silent order that Myles was giving to it until it began to swell around him. Not just a few spouts of water but hundreds of gallons of salty sea ocean water encased him in protective orb. His hands raised to the sky as he walked further and further from the shore which was worrying me but with the performance, he was giving off I knew that he was more than comfortable where he was. As he continued walking thousands of gallons of water had converged around him and seemed to be taking some sort of shape. I knew that my mouth was wide open as I hunched down behind the base of a palm tree which didn't do much to hide my mass. He seemed to have a sense of ease in how he manipulated the water below him until the moving mass began to take a more definite form. The exterior side of the water formed what looked to be like scales. The salt water peaked into spikes at various points along the rising water that looked to be many stories tall. The water began to twist and turn as scales and spikes until it came to a wider rounded end and what looked to be a serpent was staring directly at me.

"You should make sure you don't have a tail when you are tailing someone otherwise you put yourself in the position of being the one ambushed. I know you remember that lesson," My sister's voice was in my head and I turned around to look at her standing there in a flowy jumpsuit made out of a flowery embroidered pink material.

"You told him I was following him," I asked both annoyed and embarrassed of how I was easily made. I could hear a splash as thousands of gallons of water crashed to the surface of the water and turned to see Myles walking onto the sand. Ignoring my sister I walked over to my husband who looked at me with a sly smile.

"I see surveillance and reconnaissance is not your forte," he kidded.

"Whatever, where did you get the energy to do what you just did and how long have you been capable of doing something like that, " I asked him as I pulled him down to sit with me on the sand. Rosa came and sat on the other side of Myles and placed her hand on his tummy.

"I keep telling you I am of royal blood just like you are. I am predisposed to water just like my grandparents and I have a decent amount of imagination. I keep a little stored deep down in me just in case something happens and for some reason, I don't have anyone there to protect me in this impaired state," he spoke as he gestured at himself.

"That was fucking amazing," I told him with a hand resting on his thigh.

"So what have you really been doing when you have been coming out here lately because I would have definitely noticed what you had just done," I said to him.

"I have been thinking a lot about how we are going to move forward after our daughter is born," he told us honestly.

"What have you been coming up with," I asked.

"We need to start making our own decision about the moves we are making. You and I both have been consulted by our parents and I know that their opinions more than likely become our opinions and we end up running with whatever they are saying."

"What do you mean," I asked not completely getting what he was talking about.

"Why haven't we made the global rounds," he asked me.

"I don't know, why do you feel we need to do that," I answered with a question.

"Because my parents told me that was unnecessary and since I didn't want to argue I went along with that. In reality, I want to form my own connections with other nations that are not tainted by what my mom and dad think. I as well as you are grown men that should not be making phone calls every time we need to change a lightbulb. I want to say that they force themselves on us, which is true, but we need to make it known that they do not have the right to mold us into their tools. I mean there are three new territories popping up, why haven't we spoken to any of them," he asked me.

"I never really thought about it because we both know our purpose was to stop a war and be pawns in our parent's games against one another it just so happened that we actually ended up loving each other. If you want us to be more involved in the global stage than you know that I am with you as long as you and out girl is safe I will be right by your side traveling the world and doing whatever we need to do in order to make this a safer place for everyone who doesn't have the luxurious burden of ruling. I have your back and you are right we need to stop our parents from controlling our lives as much as they already have. I got you," I told him sincerely.

"He has really chilled you out," Rosa pipped in.

"Why are you still here," I asked still annoyed with her.

"Because you need me," she said.

"Baby I really hope you mean what you are saying because I don't want to have a child and still answering to our parents," he said.

"Listen here baby boy," I had to pause to make sure he was listening, "anything I say I mean with my whole heart. We're going to move from under our parent's thumbs even if it kills me. Do you understand," I asked him? He nodded but I waited for him to verbally respond.

"I understand," he replied to me after a few silent moments.

"Good now let's get you inside you shouldn't be out of bed for too long," I said as I stood bringing him to his feet shortly after. We walked into the house with new objectives we would have to start tackling the moment Myles was free and clear.

Really sorry for the long time it takes between chapters and this short one. I'm in the process of moving and that's really been the first thing on my mind. Luckily there are only 2 more chapters to go and then on to another book I have been writing, finishing an older story I took down and editing 2 other books. Hopefully, I will develop my skills a lot more during the rest of this year.