Chapter 29: Myles

"So I have narrowed our course of action into three options that meet your requirements. First, we have the temporary transformation into a female body with assistance from a transformation coach since you mentioned that you have issues with shifting your form for even short periods of time. Secondly, there is the option of the permanent implantation of a female reproduction system into yours which I can tell based off of what you told me at the beginning of this meeting you do not want to permanently alter your body which leaves us with the last viable option that we can safely perform is what we call a Fathers womb," The ancient looking fertility doctor said in a voice that sounded like he was talking through a vat of syrup. Despite his powder white hair and map of wrinkles that shaped his light brown face, he was the best doctor in the land. With him being so qualified I made sure to keep my ears open so I could absorb the information that he was giving us. He was only a little under five feet tall making him one of the few people I come across that I was able to tower over.

"What exactly is that I do apologize for us not being so prepared in the slightest," Bernardo asked his question while taking notes. It was true that we had not done our due diligence beforehand. The day started as normal as any other until it was interrupted by a call from my father in law telling us that he managed to get us an appointment with the esteemed Doctor Lopez.

I could almost feel the excitement he had with the prospect of becoming a grandfather for the first time. He was the kind of father I wished that I had growing up. I highly doubted he was perfect but at least he seemed to be trying. That was something I couldn't say about the majority of my family and I was becoming okay with that.

"Well, we typically start with purging his body of any and all impurities residing in his organs and throughout the flow of blood so that his body is cleansed like a blank slate for the child to develop in. Next, we take a sample of his semen and turn it into anywhere from couple hundred eggs to several thousand. We use the partner who is carrying the child sperm as an egg because we find that it keeps the chances of rejection down to approximately sixteen percent. Then we add the second father's sperm into a petri dish as is and they fertilize the egg sample which we call zygotes, we rapidly turn them into embryos and then we take the healthies one which we can sex for you if you so, please. After that, we decide which one you want and then we place it inside of you through phasing the artificial womb into your abdomen and we intertwine your "essence" to the baby and it grows into a child ready to be released in about three months' time," He replied to my husband's questions which I was sure a very general overview of the whole process. I noticed how confident he was with every word that he uttered. There was no stammering and he didn't take a moment to gather his thoughts. All of this information was second nature to him which imbued me with confidence in both him and his ability to perform the process successfully.

I also knew that the human body was still not something that could be called an exact science so I began thinking of all the things that he couldn't control and began chanting that it was not his fault at all.

"Okay that sounds very complicated, how will the baby growing impact my daily life. How much stress will this put on my mind and my body" I asked him?

"Well even for a royal the strain will be a lot so I urge Prince Bernardo to learn some mana sharing skills in order to help you from time to time. I can't give you a definitive answer because it impacts everyone in different ways. I've had some patients that were business as usual and some sadly we had to terminate the pregnancy for their safety. Luckily you are also an enhancer which means your body is used to suffusing mana into others" he said with his language migrating into Spanish but held a tone of reassurance as if he saw into the future and could see a successful pregnancy on the horizon.
"So when can we set the date," I asked already deciding that both he and the spell we were to use. As I repositioned myself in the soft blush pink chair I looked over at Bernardo who was smiling kindly at me. He was ready to be a dad. I held some reservations as we were still learning one another but I was sure that both of us would be able to work out any issues that might arise.