Chapter 26: Bernardo

Myles clung to me like a baby koala to its mother when the morning I got back. So when I woke up to punch to the chest, it stunned me. "Stupid, you fucking idiot," he shouted in my ear. I only calmed him down by apologizing a countless number of times. "Baby, I can't promise you I won't go out in combat again. What I can promise is that I will only do it when it is necessary." He squeezed me tight, not completely happy with what I had told him but soothed with a realistic promise. Admittedly, I wanted to come home to him naked in bed so I could fully enjoy the after battle rush I normally had after flexing my strength.

Luckily, in the weeks that passed, our relationship had strengthened considerably. Professionally, we decided we should both have some level of influence on each side of ruling. Romantically we had gone on a few dates and spent time truly learning each other in a way that I had hindered during the inception of the relationship. We were building something that I could only describe as beautiful. Especially in this moment when he had his lips around my erect manhood and worked his tongue skillfully around the exposed head. With pride, I could say I was waking up to sex and hoped it wasn't something that would change as our relationship grew. His soft hands on my thighs and the sound of him gagging around me brought a smile to my face. I moved my hands to the sheets that covered Myles's head to guide his movements. A deep moan rumbled in my chest as we hit a new stride, and out of nowhere he removed his warm mouth from me and crawled from under the sheets to face me.

He looked at me with a sly smile, running his hands along my chest. "Why did you stop?" I knew I sounded like I was pouting, and I was. "You were taking too long and our parent will be here soon, and I would die if they caught me doing that to you," he said, in a tone far too innocent. "You were the one to start things!" Myles laughed as he got up from the bed wearing nothing. Huffing, I got up and followed him into the bathroom, trying hard to not think of how correct he was. We needed to prepare for this unannounced visit from both of our families. I knew the Northern monarchy was aware of my infidelity and my parents would need little to go off on me. Having space from them made me realize how liberating it felt to be living just a hair out of their reach.

By the time I made it in the bathroom Myles was already swaying in the shower listening to music through his bio-device. The sanitizing steam around him increased the eroticism of the act. Noticing my presence, he turned and smiled before stepping out. "Why did you get out," I asked. He laughed at me as the vents blew him dry, "I know where that was going." I shook my head and quickly hopped in the shower and joined Myles at the sink where he was blending out his tinted moisturizer. I pulled out a pair of tweezers from a drawer and cleaned up my brows as Myles left to get dressed. This moment was what I had envisioned a marriage would feel like, I only wished I had gotten out of my own way sooner.

When Myles reappeared, he was wearing a satin cider suit that held the symbol of his rank on his shoulder and all of his account remount on his chest. I quickly rushed to change into a suit of the same color but made of a rigid material. By the time I finished getting dressed, Myles had made it to the bedroom. I wanted to reassure him that this would go well, even though I was the one who had the most to atone for. But the sounds of trumpets signaled the royal families' arrival. I stood stunned and missed when Myles departed the bedroom, so I rushed down to the foyer where he waited. Mileta and Alejandro were at the doors, standing stiff as boards. Myles's anxiety was obvious, as if he painted the word on his forehead. I walked over to him and joined our hands; he smiled a little and rubbed our joined fist as the sound of the trumpets came to a quiet hum.

The guards of the royal family opened the door and the lot of them took positions in the foyer as the both sets of royals walked in behind them. Myles's mom wore an amazingly intricate corded red dress that touched just above the high red heels she was effortlessly strutting in. She radiated heat, which I assumed was through her personal magic. King Arnold seemed to chill the room as he walked with his hands balled into a fist. His face set in a permanent glare, and his eyes catching the light that reflected red of shiny suit. His eyes darted around at everyone as if he was assessing our value. He was the exact opposite of my father, who looked happy to see me. Though I knew his chill appearance was not to be mistaken with someone who you could step over. I had seen him enraged, and just thinking about it sent chills up my spine. Last, I noticed my mother was near King Arnold in her green semi-formal dress. She dyed her hair a chestnut brown, and face set in the usual hard analytical expression.