Chapter 14 A crow

" What? yeah.. I'm fine" I panted , standing up. she nodded slowly.

"Okay... well gran says we need to go to bed now" I stared down at my watch: 9:03 pm.

________________________________________________________________

I lay in bed, closing my eyes, just waiting to fall asleep. I listened to my clock tick by quietly on the wall, grans Kane hitting the ground downstairs, and Violet's soft snoring.

"Elodie, Elodie,Elodie" the sweet hypnotic voice sang, it seemed to be coming from all directions, drowning out my thoughts. " Shut up" I whispered quietly, making sure not to wake Violet.

" Elodie what's wrong? are you afraid of me?"

I slammed the pillow down over my head but the voice still seeped through. " Open the window Elodie,Open the window Elodie, open the window Elodie" I tried to ignore their repeating words but it didn't fade. Somehow my legs began to move unwillingly like my dream.

" Stop it!" I yelled. My hands shoved the window open.

" Jump Elodie! please for me?" their voice dripped like honey melting in the summer sun, I slowly dropped my legs. " Stop!" I yelled. I could feel my hands getting ready to push off the wall and drop 2 floors down onto the hard ground below.

"What are you doing?" Violet screamed , grabbing my wrist just in time. " are you trying to kill yourself!" she tugged me inside making me land on my back. " No... I must of been sleep walking" I scrambled back into my bed.

She stared disbelievingly at me,hand's on hips. She looked like mum.A small snarl escaped her lips " Yeah right..." she shut my door, walking away. I felt so small, vulnerable.

You almost died I told myself.

You could of been dead. The night went by slowly. I just stared watching the shadows roll off my walls,staring at the dark pockets of my room,thinking of Delilah and what she wanted from me?

A small beep came from my shelf. The clock's hands at 2 am. The witching hour.

Tap! Tap! a small sound echoed around the room. Tap! Tap! it was coming from my window. After a few minutes I sat up to see a crow, blending in with the night.

Its small claws scraping the window. It was just a bird right? a harmless little animal?

I crawled out of bed , flipping my covers up. " what do you want?" I asked,lifting the window up a few inches. His foot poked it's way in , a small roll of paper in it's grasp.

" what is this?" I carefully took the note, wondering who it was from? what it was for? the dark crow flapped its shadowed wings and flew off, I watched it dive down gracefully into the gates of Oak-fall. Hell.

I spread out the tiny roll of paper...