Chapter 28 Returned

fleeing footsteps echoed around the floor below.

Was it Violet?                                                                                                                                                                             " Avery Come on!" I yelled, tugging at her wrist. I stumbled down the steep flight of stairs.

" Violet! Violet is that you?" glass began to shatter and break around me, shards flying over my head.But I ignored it. I had to. My heart pounded in my chest, a knot tightening in my stomach, hair falling over my face, feet burning. But I wouldn't stop. 

" Violet?" I dropped to the ground. Cold. Hard. My knees ached with pain. Staring up, I saw Delilah. A thin smile stuck over her deathly pale face,Long black hair and her eyes. Mine shot away from hers. " Where is she? Delilah" 

She grinned,

" Oh Elodie... did you get my present for you? I hope you like it" she crouched down next to me, faces only inches apart. 

" Where is Violet?" I repeated, scrambling away from her.

" You really shouldn't worry about her Elodie, she's happy and so is Tessa" Tears escaped from my eyes. " What do you want from me Delilah?"

She smirked " That's easy-"

" Elodie! Elodie where are you!" I spun around to Avery, who stood on the staircase.

"I'm over here" Delilah had gone.

But what did she want from me? " Avery, It was Delilah, she was here" I ran over to her, limping with my sore legs. I didn't know how much more of it I could take.

 Delilah was relentless. Heartless. " I'm so sorry" I continued to tell Avery. "  I... I just thought it was Violet" she just shrugged, face tear stained and pink.

Another thought crossed my mind: I had been here before. Been in Oak-fall Woods. With Delilah and the black eyed children. I had stayed the night, stayed in hell.

I felt sick, dizzy. My world seemed to spin around me.

I fell to the ground.

How much time did I have left?