Chapter 20 Violet

Ding! Ding!

Unknown number: YOU KNOW TOO MUCH ELODIE!!

I ran to my room,locking the door. It was a doll. A black eyed doll. The porcelain dolls that the black eyed children carried around with them. I shuddered.

What did it mean?

" Elodie? Your such a clever girl" the soft voice was laced with venom.

" What do you want from me?" I backed away into my closet.

"Oh Elodie, what makes you think I want something from you?" Was it a riddle? I wouldn't know. " Just leave!" I closed the door, trying to shut out her horrible voice. Show yourself! I wanted to say. Who are you? and why me? but those were questions I couldn't ask. Her voice seemed to swirl around my head like blurring wisps of smoke. Fading away. Disappearing.

As I stepped out of my wardrobe I realized it was cold. Like I was in Antarctica. That feeling left too , returning to its usual temperature. I opened up my secret box. Re reading the note: The black eyed children hide away from the sun, as darkness consumes them they love to have fun, once this spell has been broken it shell not be undone. But what spell? what did it do? I unthinkingly shoved the piece of paper in my pocket. hearing a car pulling up in the driveway.

Things were getting out of hand. I needed to tell Avery. About the dolls. Gold buttons. Delilah. The harmonic voice. I couldn't handle it anymore. Not on my own.

Ding! Ding!

Unknown number: Watch your back Elodie, you might miss something important.

______________________________________________________________________________

"I'm home" Violet yelled, dropping her lunch box on the bench.

I hadn't noticed what she had been wearing, but I knew now.

A relieving smile made their way to my lips. A purple sleeved dress, pink leggings and her was tied up into a messy pony tail. No white floral dress.

Violet threw back her hair, hopping up the stairs.

But then I remembered something.

" Avery? You need to come over right now! this is urgent"

" Okay? I'm coming" I hung up.

After around ten minutes the bus pulled up. Avery was wearing a large jacket, and black sequinned leggings. Walking carefully with her Kane, keeping it close.

I pulled her onto the steps. " Listen Avery things have been getting worse lately!" I told her about the voices. Black eyed children. Being kidnapped.

" whoa! whoa! wait you got kidnapped? What house?" She asked curiously. " and why didn't you tell me about this sooner Elodie? I thought we promised never to lie" her hands were balled into tight fists. knuckles turning white.

" Sorry? Okay? Avery I really am... but anyways I don't know where they took me. Delilah just said that I was in a deserted house near Oak-fall, Sorry" I repeated. Or was it IN Oakfall?

Ring! Ring!

Ring! Ring! " Hold on, sorry Ave" I held the phone to my ear.

" Hello?"

" Watch your family Elodie! Watch your family Elodie! In seconds things can change. In minutes people can be gone" the line went dead. Silent. What did it mean? that same question popped into my mind.

A question I didn't have an answer to.

Then it hit me. It hit me like a bullet, touching flesh.

Did they mean Violet?