Chapter 35 Save yourself

A thought flickered across my mind but was then forgotten as I saw Avery grabbing Violet, throwing her across the floor. " Don't talk! I'm thinking" Avery crouched near the fire,an evil smile came over her, the atmosphere changed, no longer scared. Angry. Avery danced to the staircase, forcing the top to open. Small gold buttons in a heap. But they weren't ordinary ones. They were magical. dangerous. Cursed.

What was happening? I asked myself, searching for an answer I didn't have. " Let. Me. Go!" I yelled, I felt my body shake. 

She was breaking me. They all were. Was I going Insane? Questions flew through my mind like flash cards, struggling to remember. The black eyed children becoming closer every second, their attention on me, eyes on me.

But the question that never left was: Was this my future?

It wasn't what I wanted. I always thought i'd live far away from Oakfall.  Finish school.Have a family. have friends. Get married.  I thought I'd get all those things.

But now I was confused.

Avery stared straight at me, Blue eyes staring into black ones. I couldn't tear away." Pick up the doll Elodie" my hands disobediently did so, clutching my doll so tightly to my chest. Go away! I wanted to yell but that wouldn't be any use. 

Avery chanted as the sun began to set, words of the trees. Words that drifted in the wind. She was the queen. She started to sew the gold button into my clothing, her face hard and concentrated. The invisible chains around me only tightened. I couldn't move.

A strong thought seemed to scream at me in my head. Something I should listen.

I smirked at Avery who was to busy with the ritual."Black eyed children are truly here,

You may not know,

But I do Dear

Black eyed children do not care,

You might run and go

But their'll find you. Its only fair."

The words slipped out between my lips. The words from the crow. From the note.

I stared up at the black eyed children.