Chapter 15 FOUND

The note read:

The black eyed children hide away from the sun,As darkness consumes them they love to have fun,Once THE spell has been broken it SHELL NOT be undone.

I squinted at the cursive ink words. Handwriting I did not recognize. I quickly shoved it inside my secret box and fell asleep.

______________________________________________________________________

I stared blankly at my bowl of cereal. The words from last nights note swimming through my head. It was something I couldn't forget about. " Alright I'm off to work, be good to gran" Mum said staring straight at Violet who shrugged, with a small mischievous smile.

Violets eyes were a light hazel now, I was sure of it,no longer her cat green. It just seemed so odd that nobody else noticed.

" Alright i'm going" Violet sprung from her seat, racing up the stairs.

Her hair today was messier than ever, clothes almost completely brown, face unclean. Eyes dark. Where had she been going?

Unknown number: want to see Tessa again? Go to the edge of Oak-fall at 9am

I stared nervously around. nine was in fifteen minutes. I ran out into the cool morning air, the missing posters of Tessa were hung up again, people walking to the shops, cars driving off.

Oak-fall looked so lifeless. Cold. Dead. Empty.

The black eyed children hide away from the sun,As darkness consumes them they love to have fun,Once this spell has been broken it shell not be undone. Flew into my mind, but I forget it as a dark figure stepped out of the trees still shielded from the sun, yet hidden in the shadows.

Then I saw her.

Golden hair.

Black jeans.

white jersey.

bare feet.

And black eyes so dark I almost felt like I was falling into them. I gasped gripping the fence. This. was. A . Mistake.

She stepped into the bright sun for a moment before turning and running back into Oak-fall. Tessa had such pale skin, such dark eyes, a feeling of terror took over me.

Tessa is a Black eyed child. These 6 words made my whole body tremble. Rain fell lightly, soaking into the soft ground. crows cawed, trees danced. A victory dance.

I slid down onto the grass. Not caring where I was. Not caring who might be looking.

Seeing Tessa like that made it real. Made it all real. Not a voice in the back of my mind, no hallucination. Real. True. The rain made my tears fall,

Why do this to me?

what had I done that was so wrong?

Then I froze: Who was next?

Oakfall Woodsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें