colors

this is the purest thing i've written in my whole fucking life

where colorblind!tyler has
synesthesia!josh describe colors with the music they like

tyler and josh met in the most
normal circumstances. it was a music assignment where you have to describe music without using stuff with music theory to another person and they have to guess the genre.

josh and tyler were chose together.
josh chose to listen to kiss - lil peep and tyler chose head in the ceiling fan - title fight. the conversation started when josh said something simple.

« it's kinda like.. it sounds red and
blue? very neon, like a party, » josh said with a cute grin at how well he described the song. tyler tilted his head.

« i-i can't see those colors, though.. » tyler
said softly and looked down. josh said a soft 'oh' and looked away.

« let me listen to it, maybe i'll
understand what you mean, » tyler said and josh nodded. he pulled his phone out of his pocket and played the song.

(if you haven't heard it yet)

tyler listened to it and started to understand what josh was saying. he didn't know what those colors looked like to him, but he could see it a little? tyler was confusing himself when he listened to the song.

« here, describe your song, » josh said and smiled. tyler nodded and looked away while thinking of how to describe it. he looked back at josh.

« it sounds like when your
parents are arguing and you want to drown them out with music. it also sounds like the song title. it's long and empty in the first part and then filled to the brim with sound by only reverb, » tyler said and smiled.

josh nodded. he started to discard the whole assignment itself, only thinking of the way tyler talked and how beautiful he sounded when he did.

« is it rock? » josh asked, knowing
rock was his go-to in those situations. tyler giggled and shook his head. josh's mind was echoing with that angelic sound.

« no, » tyler said and smiled.
josh snapped his fingers and looked down, kicking his feet as he thought. he bit his lip.

« alternative? » josh said with an
unsure voice. tyler clapped and nodded. josh smiled and laughed.

« good job, josh! » tyler grinned and
josh grinned back. tyler leaned forward and smiled at josh.

every since that day, they would
listen to music and josh would describe them with colors to help tyler understand. josh smiled as you should see me in a crown - billie eilish came on.

« ah, this song is really monochrome.
kinda like marble stuff. also blood like red is really present, » josh said. tyler looked at josh's face with big eyes and a grin. josh looked over.
« think of marble with blood on it,
that's what this song sounds like, » josh smiled and tyler nodded.

tyler chose the next song. he looked
it up on josh's phone and played it with a little smile. ocean eyes - billie eilish.

« you like billie eilish too, i guess, »
josh laughed as he listened. tyler looked out and looked at the traffic light where all the lights looked like a yellowish brown (which was ugly to tyler).

« i know what blue looks like. it's the
only color i can clearly see, » tyler said and leaned against josh.

« i think the song is more purple
than blue, » josh said and tyler looked up at josh.
« i think it's supposed to give off blue vibes but it just looks like a pastel purple with a lot of blue undertones, » josh said and tyler nodded.

short but sweet

wc.608