first love

i don't know how jenna and tyler really met, so i just made it up lmao

concept
tyler wants to fall in love and meets the perfect person to help him with it.

senior year of high school. only 8 more months until he goes off to collage and becomes a normal person with an office job. tyler never found office jobs intresting. honestly, he thought they were dumb. all he wanted was to play music with his friends and meet a pretty girl to get married to.

but, he's never loved anyone. he doesn't love his parents, siblings, pets or anything else. he doesn't know why, he just doesn't. he so desperately wants to fall in love with someone, but he started to question why he doesn't love.

is there something wrong with him? he questions everything he grew up knowing. he thought it was normal not to love everyone. until someone just had to come around and prove him wrong.

it was a pretty girl named jenna. they
met about 2 months into school. he was in visual arts 3 and they had to do portraits of the person that the teacher assigns you to. tyler hated that idea.

then, when she was assigning all of the people, she said 'jenna and tyler'. that was when everything fell apart.

he didn't expect love to be this painful. he never thought of himself as a possessive or obsessive person, but something about jenna made him think i don't want anyone to be with her other than me.

she walked with confidence. she wore distressed boyfriend jeans with patches on the front pockets and a yellow crop top with a matching scrunchie.

his stomach dropped. her whole demeanor was opposite to tyler. she looked so confident with what she wore, opposite of tyler. he wore the same thing everyday. black jeans with an oversized with sweater with a black tee shirt over it. simple but effective.

she pulled up a chair from another desk and sat down next to him. she looked at him with a piercing gaze. her ocean eyes almost cutting through him. his hands started to shake as he pulled out his sketch book.

he grabbed his mixed media
sketchbook with stickers on the front. some were from redbubble and others were from his favourite bands. she looked at the front and spun her pencil around.

« you didn't come to my seat, » she said in a scarily serious tone. tyler
looked up and turned red. he quickly opened up his sketchbook and grabbed his pencil case with all of his drawing supplies inside.

« s-sorry, » he stuttered out pathetically. she giggled and tyler's hands started shaking a little more.

« i was joking, tyler, » she grinned at him. this was the first time he got to see her pearly white teeth. he tapped his fingers on the table as she brushed a loose hair behind her ear. she pulled out a small lipgloss tube and started to touch up her makeup.

she had mustard colour eyeshadow surrounding her eyes with red by the outer corners. tyler never thought that colour was pretty, but on her, it was beautiful. stunning. 

« you done staring? » she smirked and tyler quickly looked away. he shakily started to sketch her as she got into a cute pose. he smiled as she grinned at him, her eyes squinted.

as he sketched her, she still twirled around her pen.

« you should smile more, » she complimented. tyler looked up at her and nodded slowly.
« i think that's one of the first times i've seen you really grin. » tyler nodded again and started to erase some of the extra lines. he shrugged.

« i don't really have anything to smile about, » he said softly and twirled his pen back around.

« why? what's up? » she asked. her smile dropped and tyler looked up.

« nothin'. i just don't like to smile for no reason. the only time i really smile
is when something funny happens or if i think of a meme, » tyler explained and looked down. jenna nodded and put down her pen.

« what type of memes? » she asked and tyler looked back up at her. he tilted his head and she smiled.
« like, those text posts, the types on the dory account or surreal ones? » she asked. tyler blinked and shrugged.

« i like deep fried and the ones that shouldn't make sense but they somehow do... kinda like cursed videos, » he said and she nodded.

« me too, » she said simply as tyler started to shade.

it was the end of class and tyler nearly finished the whole piece. she insisted for him to show her.

« oh.. » she said as tyler showed it. the brunet turned pink and quickly closed him book.

« s-sorry, i know it's bad- »

« no, no.. i just.. you drew me like
i was a model or something.. » she said and opened his sketch book back up and stared in awe.
« i'm not that pretty.. am i? » she said and glanced up at him. tyler's face turned ablaze and he nodded.

« w-well.. i didn't capture all of your beauty.. just a little, » tyler mumbled, not even trying to flatter her.

jenna turned a pretty pink. every colour on her is beautiful.. he thought. she nodded slowly and the bell rang loudly. she jumped.

« uh.. t-thanks, ty.. » she said and grabbed her leather bag. she quickly walked off and tyler was still burning up. he could feel the heat radiating off of his face as josh walked up.

« i saw you and jenna talk, » he said
with a smirk. tyler nodded and put his stuff in his bag.

« yeah.. she asked me what type of memes i'm into.. » he mumbled and threw his book bag over his shoulder.

« she's a keeper! » josh grinned and tyler smiled. he nodded shyly and they walked to their next class together.

wc.985