stage gay

concept
where tyler accidentally reveals that
josh is bi, but tries to cover it up

josh's arms were wrapped around
a pillow. it was just before the first show of the bandito tour. he was super excited, but he decided to get something off his chest.

tyler had his phone in his face; he was scrolling through instagram. he was fully dressed even though max wasn't even going on stage for another 3 hours; josh was going to wait to get dressed.

« hey ty? » josh announced. tyler
turned and tilted his head. josh fiddled his thumbs nervously.
« ya know how we said this era we
will be as real as we can be? » josh said. tyler put down his phone slowly and nodded.

« yeah.. what's up? » tyler said slowly. josh only felt more anxious. he didn't know why he was so worried about telling his friend he was bisexual. tyler was clearly accepting of josh, no matter what.

« you know i like girls- i mean that's kinda obvious- » josh forced out a chuckle and tyler nodded.
« b-but i also... kinda.. ikindalikeguys, » josh said quickly and covered his face with the pillow. tyler thought for a moment. that moment was filled with rushing thoughts on both parties sides.

« josh.. » tyler finally started.
josh buried his face further into the pillow and tried to hide.
« i don't know why you're so nervous.. i thought you knew i'd accept you, » tyler explained. josh nodded.

« i-i just thought.. maybe you'd be uncomfortable.. » josh mumbled. tyler shook his head slowly.

« i'd never be uncomfortable with you, » tyler chuckled. josh poked his head up from behind the pillow and tyler noticed the tears welled up in the corners of josh's , now puffy eyes.

« th-thanks ty... »

nearly five months later. the tour
was still going as strong as ever for the first time in a while, tyler nor josh felt burnt out. it was usually at this point that the boys would feel exhausted and they'd just want several weeks to get through the rest of the tour.

tyler stood on stage with awolnation
and max frost. josh was leaning forward, waiting for tyler's story about iris. this was the part of the show that josh always looked forward to (along with seeing everyone).

but, josh really shouldn't have looked forward to this story.

tyler supported josh 100%. there was
no doubt in either of the boys minds that tyler or josh would mess up. but without thinking about a story before hand, tyler had to improvise.

« this song is very important to josh because this song was playing when he asked a boy out in middle school » tyler said nonchalantly.

honestly, tyler and josh didn't even
think about what he said for a second. josh simply laughed, but everyone else was freaking out.

whether it was because people were swearing that they knew that he was bi or that they were surprised he would come out like that or maybe they didn't notice either.

it wasn't special. it wasn't big. it was a huge slip-up.

the moment tyler realised what he said was when aaron turned to him and gave him a strange look.