snowflake

kinda set in the south, but like the south™️ (like southern alabama and louisiana)

warning!
homophobia
homophobic language (fag, tranny, etc)

where josh is bisexual
and tyler has to protect him from homophobes

never in a million years would josh decide to be bi. if he could have chosen anything, he would have been straight. then he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of being bullied and attacked.

even when gay pride came around,
he was terrified to go. he knew it was a safe place, but was it really safe?

police guarded around the streets
with guns and tasers. they waiting for something to happen. it was more likely than you'd think.

the first person josh ever came out
to was his girlfriend, debby. he thought she'd be the best person to go to. she did say that she'd love him no matter what. but that wasn't true.

she yelled at him and hit him.
she called him a faggot and tranny. even though he never said anything about being transgender.

he was shaking under her touch.
she broke up with him, saying she wanted to be with a 'real' man. he drove home with tears down his face. when his mom asked him why he was crying, he didn't answer. he walked away.

that was when he decided to
go to pride. he didn't know why he was so scared to go. it was so much fun. even though it was hot and humid, it was so much fun.

he was grinned ear to ear
as he watched different floats go by. that was when tyler appeared.

he walked up to josh and smiled
warmly. josh looked over and
smiled back.

« is this your first pride parade? » tyler
asked. josh nodded slowly and looked away, suddenly feeling awkward
under his gaze.
« i haven't seen you before, » tyler said and smiled.

« y-yeah, i wanted to see what a-all the hype was about.. » josh said. tyler smiled and wrapped his arm around josh.

« are you dating anyone? » tyler
asked. josh looked over and was about to say yes by habit. but he remembered everything that happened with debby less than a month ago.

« no, » josh said and looked up at the people in rainbow clothes.

« that's surprising. i'd date you in
a second, » tyler smiled.

and he did.

after a week of dating, tyler finally convinced josh to come out to his parents. it didn't really go too well.

they yelled and screamed. josh was in
the exact same situation he was stuck in with debby. he cried.

he immediately ran out to tyler and hugged him. they spent the rest of the day cuddling and kissing eachother while watching disney movies, which made josh feel so much better.