generation why (2)

concept
tyler shows josh things that he's never heard of before

warning!
drugs
alcohol
assault

it was 1 am. tyler was late. he started grabbing everything he needed to bring josh to the park. he grabbed his sketchbook, pens, pencils, juul, weed, and his dads old flask that he kept convincing tyler that he didn't own.

tyler rolled his shoulders as he threw
the bag over his shoulder. he stumbled clumsily down the stairs and jumped on his bike.

his bike ride started out to be
relaxing. he was blasting brockhampton through his earbuds and he mumbled along with the lyrics.

« heath ledger with some dreads.. i just gave my .. head, » tyler censored himself and he turned a corner, peddling faster through the dark streets to get to josh house as quickly as he could.

he smiled when he saw josh sitting
on his bike, nervously playing with her thumbs. tyler was about to call out, but decided against it.

-

josh wiggled his toes, waiting patiently
for tyler to appear. he was 10 minutes
late for some reason and josh started to worry.

he played some music on his phone
as he waited for the other boy patiently. he looked down at his phone and sighed as another song came on.

bitches broken hearts by billie eilish.

he mumbled along with the lyrics
as she sang with the beat. her voice, smooth as honey, surrounded his head. he let it hang down as he shut his eyes.

oh god did i sneak out for no reason?
josh asked himself as he checked his phone again to see the time. 1:10. josh bit his lip and started playing with his thumbs as he leaned on the handles, rocking the bike back and forth with his feet impatiently.

he looked over and saw a silhouette
on a bike racing towards him. josh grinned ear to ear and stood up straight. he pulled out his phone and quickly paused the music.

tyler stopped slowly and smiled at
josh as they looked at eachother. josh looked up at the lanky 6 foot man and tyler looked down at the tiny boy.

« i like your outfit, » tyler said and pointed down to josh's attire. josh was wearing high waisted barrel pants that were cuffed with cute frilly white socks. he also had on an oversized red and white striped sweater with a small rainbow pin and red adidas to top it all off.

tyler wore the exact same thing he wore earlier. it was the same, unimpressing, black nike joggers and black t-shirt with black nike shoes. josh still looked at him like he was wearing the most elegant clothes in the world.

« you want to go? » tyler said, breaking the silence. josh nodded and they started peddling towards the park.

it was serene. josh was leaning against tyler as they looked up at the stars. josh's eyelashes fluttered as tyler ranted about how pretty the stars are and how they're taken for granted all the time. even though josh wasn't listening, he acted like he was. tyler appreciated that.

« i mean, if you look up at those stars, each of them have planets around them 'n some other stuff, » tyler said and reached his hands up, making josh's head shift. tyler quickly apologized and put his hands back down.

« what do you even have in your bag, » josh said and looked down at the draw-string bag that was laying on the cold grass. tyler turned, leaning up with josh to grab it. tyler spun back around and poured out all of his stuff.

he grabbed his juul and flask and held them up with a little smile. josh tensed up and shook his head. tyler elbowed him on his arm and chuckled.

« come on, it's not gonna be that bad, » tyler convinced. josh curled his legs towards his chest and he shook his head. tyler shrugged his shoulders.
« i'll just do it on my own, then, » tyler said and smiled. josh nodded and they laid back down. josh listened to tyler breathe in, the juul making a weird bubbly noise and tyler held it in for a moment, before blowing the smoke out slowly. josh watched as it slowly started to disintegrate before his eyes.

josh's eyes were wide, innocence traced his features. that only made tyler more interested in the smaller boy. josh looked back at the juul as tyler took another hit. josh reached towards it and took it out of tyler's hands.

he started to investigate it. tyler smiled and watched as josh twirled it in his fingers with a little grin on his face. the smaller brought it towards his lips. he breathed in and immediately started sputtering and coughing. tyler laughed and josh started to tear up.

« ty! what was that?! » josh whined and scrambled to grab his bag (which was filled with waters and snacks incase they got hungry). he desperately opened the bottle of water and started chugging. tyler laughed and leaned against him.

« it's a juul, kiddo, » tyler smiled at
josh, who was still coughing and trying to catch his breath.

it was around 3 am. josh was
leaning against tyler with fluttering eyelashes as he tried to stay awake with tyler. the taller boy had his arm around josh and smiled.

suddenly, bright lights shone on their backs. josh turned and tried to cover the light but he jumped when he saw it was his dads car.

josh's dad jumped out the car and stormed towards josh, grabbing his wrist and pulling him away from tyler.

« why are you out here so late?!
especially with that joseph kid! » josh's dad yelled. tyler felt a little offended. he never did anything wrong to josh or his family, leaving him to wonder what made josh's dad hate him.

« we were hanging out- »

« hanging out? at 3 am? i almost called the police! i thought you were missing or kidnapped! » he yelled. josh tried to pull away, but his dad kept a tight grip on him. he turned.
« come on. we're going home. » josh tried to explain why they were out, but it was too late.

josh's dad always had suspicions josh wasn't straight and him hanging out with a boy in the middle of the night threw him over the edge.

« dad, we weren't going anything! we're just friends! » josh whined on their way home. josh was pulling at one of the threads on his distressed jeans. his dad shook his head.

« i don't care. you were out late. » he grumbled. josh sighed and leaned against the window, looking out it as he cried.

sorry to end it there, i just don't have any inspiration right now