Chapter 15

Penelope's POV

James left a few hours ago, and me and Ella have just been talking. I learned all about how she lived in Europe with her aunt and uncle, and got a degree in psychology. She told me all about James' reaction when she found her mate. I can't help but laugh as she told me stories about baby James. I know we just met, but it feels like we've been friends for a while now. I haven't really had any girlfriends since middle school. After my adoptive parents were killed I switched schools, and because of Percy I didn't make any friends. Then I have been in varying states of consciousness since showing up at James' pack, so I haven't made any friends here.

"Is it weird being mates with your brother's best friend."

"Yes and no. I've known him since I was a little girl. He always annoyed me, but he always was very protective of me. James has always been protective, and as a little kid I didn't have any friends, so he would let me hang out with them. When I left for Europe, I missed them so much. When I walked into the house today, I was supposed, yet I felt like I've always known. I am so excited to develop a romantic relationship, and I cannot wait for him to mark me. Speaking of, tell me about it."

"Well, I don't remember it really, but know everything feels so different. Like before when we touched there would be sparks, but now it's like warm tingles. Being around him feels amazing, and I just feel an overwhelming sense of love. We kissed this morning and I felt as though I was flying. I am scared about possibly, you know... but at the same time I can't help, but feel excited about the possibility."

"You don't have to do anything until you are ready. You don't have to tell me about why you are scared, but it may help."

I am nervous about telling someone else about Percy, but maybe she is right and it will help to talk about. I explained how he essentially kidnapped me and kept me in his basement. It wasn't as hard to talk about that since I have been working with Owen on talking about it, but when I started talking about how he would force me, I started crying. Ella hugged me, and help me talked through everything that happened. I then told her about the miscarriage, which I have been avoiding talking about.

Even though it was extremely hard to talk about everything, I am glad I did. Ella was there for me, and helped me talk through everything I felt. She talked to me like a friend, but did give me some helpful psychologist advice. After having a good cry, we went downstairs to watch a cheesy  rom-com while eating junk food. Ella helped me downstairs, but I have been getting stronger. Strom isn't strong enough yet, but I am slowly healing. The credits were rolling when I heard a short growl.

"What are you doing out of bed? You need to be resting. Ella I told you she need to rest."

"Chill James all we are doing is watching a movie, she is still resting. Plus I helped her down the stairs, so she is okay."

He was about to say something, but he walked around the couch and made eye contact with me. His expression changed from upset to worried when he noticed my eyes were red.

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He whispered while pulling me into his lap. I curled into him and told him I was better after talking to Ella.

It was as though James' presence was giving me strength. I am feeling the best I have felt all day. Ella cuddled into Noah, and we all watched a movie off of netflix. By the time the credits of the second movie were rolling my eyelids were heavy. I am trying to stay awake, but James could sense I was tired. He scooped me up and carried me bridal-style up the stairs. He laid me down, and cuddled next to me. I snuggled up as close as I possibly could, and fell into a deep sleep.

Instead of having a nightmare, I had a dream about the woman in white. I know Storms voice was actually my wolf, but I don't know why I know hers. I was in a white dress at the edge of a dark pond. Instead of being drawn towards the water, I find myself walking away towards a figure in the distance. The woman turned around and I had to squint. It was as if light was radiating from her. She has a long flowing white dress, which stood out against her skin tone. The beautiful woman in front of me seemed so familiar, yet I didn't recognize her.

"Pennelope," as soon as she spoke I recognized the voice as the woman in white who had been talking to me for years.

"Who are you?" I whisper.

"My name is Luna, but most people call me the moon goddess." I gasp as I realize she is the moon goddess. "I am sorry I couldn't help you my child, but Percy took fate into his own hands. He will receive a just punishment when the time comes. You and your mates will be the ones to take down the rouge army, and you will make it out alive. I promise."

Before I could respond, I wake up in the bed next to James. She promised I would live, but she didn't say anything about James. I look over to see him sleeping. He looks so content, and I don't want to ruin that. I curl back into his arms falling back asleep. When I wake up again, I am drenched in sweat. I quickly throw off all of the blankets. I run into the bathroom splashing cold water on my face. I continue sweating, and sudden shooting pain courses through me. White hot flames dance across my body, as I curl-up on the bathroom floor. I let out a blood-curdling scream as the pain increases.