Chapter 25

James' POV

I wake up to Penny nuzzling her head into my chest. My smile grows as I begin to run my fingers through her auburn curls. She lets out a small groan before trying to bury her head deeper into my chest. She finally flips over letting out a string of unintelligible mumbles. My girl is not a morning person. I kiss her forehead before going down stairs to make her some breakfast. I whip up some pancake batter, and begin pouring it into the pan. I was about half way through the bowl off batter when I feel Penny wrap her arms around me and resting her head on my back.

"Good morning sweetheart." I smile when I hear her mumble a 'morning.'

I finish the pancakes and made two plates and bring them to the table. She smiles as she takes her first bite. When she sees me watching her, she blushes trying to hide behind her hair. Reaching forward, I push her hair behind her ear. The goddess in front of me lets out as giggle and reaches towards my plate and steals a bite. We spent breakfast just staring into each others eyes, enjoying each other's presence.

I take the plate to the sink and wash them. I turn and kiss Pennelope, and during our kiss she pulls my hand to her stomach. Instead of her regularly soft flattish stomach, I feel a tight round  stomach. I look down and see her pregnant belly. I step back and see an extremely pregnant Penelope. Before I can react, I feel myself floating away and my vision darkens.

I gasp and try to sit straight up, but hands push me down. I open my eyes to see an extremely worried Ella, and Noah.

"Finally." Ella whispers as she lanches forward wrapping me into a tight hug.

"What's happening? Where's Penny?"

Noah and Ella share a worried glance, "What do you remember?" Noah asks worriedly.

"There was a fight, but then Penny was there. She's pregnant I need to see her. Is everything okay? Is the baby okay?"

"Oh, James." Ella whispers.

"There was a fight, but you got injured so you passed out. You imagined Penny, she is still lost."

My heart sinks, "How long has it been? We have to go find her" I yell before trying to get up, but Noah pushes me down.

"Calm down. You have to promise not to freak out because Ezra is extremely weak, and still healing." I nod hesitantly, "You have been in a coma for a little over a month." I let out a growl, "Ezra, was weak, and with the wounds you got during the fight put you over the edge."

I grow as I start to remember what happened, "Where's Owen?"

"He's on his way. I mindlinked him when you woke up." Noah said while hugging a crying Ella.

Just a few seconds later a haggard Owen comes rushing in. He asks a few questions while taking my vitals. I feel bad because as the main doctor he has been over worked since the fight.

"Your vitals are remarkable. Part of the reason is because your body was healing while you were in a coma. I will discharge you because no matter what i stay I feel as though you'll just leave. However, you have to promise me that you rest, and don't push yourself too hard. If you overwork yourself trying to find Penny you won't be able to fight when it is time to save her."

I nod and promise to not push myself too much. I quickly leave the hospital and run to my office. I call Kristin and Noah to come and brief me. We had made progress and narrowed it down to two locations, but we still don't know enough information to decide on one. We don't want to tip off the rouges, by choosing the wrong location, but we are so close. I groan in anger after dismissing Noah and Kristin.

I want to run and search every inch in the world, but I feel Ezra losing strength already. I lay down on our bed and sniff her pillow basking in her scent. Just her scent is giving Ezra strength. I've been struggling and Ezra is a powerful Alpha, I can't imagine what Penny is experiencing. Her wolf had just been gaining her strength back, and now that she is separated from me she is probably struggling. I haven't been feeling pain from her though, so I am hoping that she isn't being treated too horrible.

I bury my face into her pillow and imagine her laying next to me. I smile as I think about our future together. I dream of the two of us having a family and loving each other until our dying days. The hole in my heart grows and aches. Tears stream down my face as I try to think of what else I can do to find her. As I am about to give up I hear my phone ring. I scramble to the edge of the bed, and reach for my phone. The number is one I've never seen before, but I quickly answer it. My heart stops in my chest when I hear the person on the other end.

"James?"