Chapter 21

James' POV

As soon as Penny got up to go to the bathroom, I pat my pocket making sure the ring is still there. In the werewolf world mating is our equivalent to marriage, but I know Pennelope was raised as a human, so I wanted to do something special. I know we haven't been able to spend time together, but I am doing everything I can to keep her safe. If anything else ever happens to her I will die. I had been looking for the perfect ring for a long time, and planned everything so tonight would be perfect. My plan is to purpose, and once everything with the rouge army is taken care of, we will have our mating ceremony and a traditional wedding ceremony.

I love her with everything in my being, and I am so nervous. The longer she is gone the more nervous I become. At first I thought it was just nerves about the proposal, but then I feel Ezra getting on edge. As he gets closer to the surface I get up to go check on her. I knock on the bathroom door, but don't hear any noise coming from within. Before I look inside, I catch the subtle scent of rancid meat.

"Rouges!" Ezra growls in my head. "They took Penny!"

My heart rate increases, and I let out a loud howl. I quickly mindlink Noah and the top warriors in my pack. They gather in the conference room, and I update them on what happen. Growls filled the room as they learned about what happened to their Luna. I sent out our best trackers already to follow her scent. I am furious at myself, how were they able to take her away from right under my nose? After the warriors left, I let out a growl smashing the mirror in my office and flipping my desk. I can feel Ezra on the surface as my claws extend scratching up my office.

"James!" Noah shouts, he must've been been calling my name for a while now.

Ezra is in control as he growls at Noah, who quickly puts his hands up. I take a moment to calm down. As I take a deep breath I feel my claws receding. All I want to do is collapsed on the ground in despair, but I need to pull it together to find her. I walk out of my office, only to run into a crying Ella.

"I heard what happen." she whispers pulling me into a hug, "You have to find her fast. From what she has told me..." she pauses to wipe tears from her eyes, "you have to find her as soon as possible. I know she has made some great progress, but I don't how she'll react being back with him."

"Ella, it'll be okay. I will do everything I can, and will not stop until I find her!"

She nods before walking over to Noah. He quickly envelopes his mate in his arms. I want to be happy for her, but just seeing two happy mates makes Penny's absence more apparent. I walk into our room and lay down on her side of the bed. I inhale her sent, but notice another faint scent. I reach under her pillow, and I grab a crumpled up note. My blood boils as I read the note. What makes me even angrier, is the fact that Percy wasn't the one who delivered the note. It had to have been someone within the pack otherwise he would've been captured.

I take a moment to just inhale my mates sent before I took the note to one of the trackers. I then called Noah into my room. As soon as he enters, I close the door and them slame Noah against the wall. I let Ezra come to the surface.

"Submit" I growl using the Alpha command.

Noah immediately tilts his head to the side exposing his neck in submission. I can see his wolf, Jax, is angry, but they are both submitting to their Alpha.

"Who did you tell about my date with Penny?" I growl.

"I only talked about it with Ella, but you talked to her about it, so I thought it was okay." He looked confused. As I heard his answer I knew he told the truth, so I let go of his color and step back.

"You think someone told the rouges?" realization dawned on his face, "I would never."

"I know, but I had to make sure I could trust you."

"So, who all knew about the date?"

"You, Ella, and Owen. You and Ella helped me plan it, and Owen made the reservation for me, so no one would know about it."

Noah nodded for a second before speaking, "Okay so I told Ella because she already knew, but if she hadn't I would have still told my mate. What if Owen told Ryan? I mean Ryan is a great is a great guy, but he did escape the rouges. It is possible that they have something on him."

"Even if he wasn't involved, Ryan can still tell us valuable information about where the rouges camp is." he nods.

I open the door to find Owen standing with a stressed looking Ryan, "Perfect timing we were just about to come talk to you."

"We heard about Pennelope, I am so sorry. Ryan has something to say to you." Owen says rubbing his neck before pulling his stressed mate in front of him.

"I am so sorry," Ryan starts to cry, and I have to control Ezra, "they still have my sister." he begins to sob, "I thought she was dead, but the other day during a run I ran into a rouge. He told me Wren would stay alive if I just delivered a note. Then they came back and said they would kill her unless I told them where you were going."

I can't blame him because I would do anything to save my sister, and Penelope.

"With your help we will save Penelope, and your sister. I have a plan."