chapter thirteen: new fights

at the edge of the cliff

chapter thirteen: new fights

I walked through the stained, white halls for the first time in two weeks. I saw everyone I hadn't seen in two weeks and I felt completely different. I didn't want to laugh at every pathetic girl desperate to get a guy's attention and I didn't feel the need to laugh at every dumbass guy walking by slapping a girls ass and them pretending to be mad but really liked the attention. Attention. Is that something I even have? Does anyone pay attention to me? Does anyone care?

I don't really feel anything when I look at these people.

I see Jemma down the hallway talking to Ryder, which is weird. She is usually scared of Ryder, but again, I don't feel the need to go but in. I don't feel anything.

So I keep walking.

I walk passed everyone giving me strange looks. Kira smirks at me and then laugh with her friends. Usually I would come up with a genius comment, but today? Nothing. I go into class a couple minute early an sit in the very back. Feet crossed in the chair, like always, and music blasts in my ears blocking anything and everything out. Like always. I sit there numbly as people start to walk in and I sit there all through class. I get three packets worth of make-up work only from that class and I know I'll end up having to do this all tonight just to keep up with our current work.

After class, I immediately walk to my next class. There is one person already seated beside the teacher. The one person I don't want to see. I pull my earbuds from my ear and just stand there for a moment. He looks up and I look down, quickly walking back to my seat. He looked as if he wanted to say something. But he didn't. Maybe he would have if I wasn't such a bitch to him. But maybe he wouldn't. My mind wanders back to when I yelled at him after...he showed up. Then my eyes go wide when I realized I probably didn't have that job anymore.

"Fuck." I whispered making Grayson and the teacher look back at me.

"Language Miss Daniels." The teacher said looking back to her book on the desk. I looked anywhere but the blue eyes that where staring intently back at me.

"Do you mind?" I ask annoyed. My eyes meet his and he smirks. Is it weird I kind of missed that smirk?

It was annoying, no doubt, but I kind of missed it.

"No at all." He says. I roll my eyes and look down at the desk, fidgeting with my phone. A few people made their way into the classroom but it was still pretty empty. Which it will stay that way until about five minutes after the tardy bell.

"Shay!" I hear someone hiss my name. My head snaps up to see Jemma sliding in the seat next to me."Where have you been?" She says yelling in a whisper. I glance around and notice Grayson is slightly turned around, eyes down, but listening.

"Can we talk later?" I say not wanting him to hear any of it. Especially since he was there. Especially since he was the one that saved me.

"I guess-"

"Why don't you tell her where you been, Shay?" His deeps voice chimes in. Jemma looks at him weirdly then back to me.

"What is he talking about?" She asks confused.

"Fuck off Grayson." I say as calmly as possible. As calm as I could be at the moment. He slowly stands up and makes his way over to me.

"Oh come on Shay. Tell your friend here where ya been there past two weeks. Huh? Care to share?" He says. For some reason, the way he was talking, the look in his eyes, made tears want to come from mine.

"Shay-?" Jemma's voice was the last thing I was hearing.

"You two are friends, right? Just tell her-" before anything else could be said I had launched myself at him and I could barely hear teacher yelling at us.

"Miss Daniels! Mr. Delgado! Enough!" I was pulled off of Grayson by some random guy that was in the room but I pushed him off. I looked at Grayson who had a smirk filled with what seemed to be similar with hatred but not quite that.

"Shay-" Jemma spoke again.

His eyes were taunting me and so were the tears. One fell. Something flashed through his eyes.

Another fell.

"Sha-" he tried to speak. Jemma was watching in confusion and the teacher looked pissed. Three or four more.

"Fuck you." I say. A couple more. Who's counting now? I push past the other people and walk through the halls. Fuck. Grayson. Delgado.

-

Detention. Hell. Three hours of torture. And whose torture was it? Mine. And of course it couldn't be just that. The universe had to throw Grayson in the mix. Im positive that I looked more like shit than I did when I walked into school, and im positive I have a lot of explaining to do to Jemma. Before I could have just made something up, but now? Grayson had to fuck it up and now she knows something is up.

I put my hand on the door knob and turn. I walk into the room to we only four people. None of them being Grayson. No that im complaining. Maybe he won't show.

A girl could hope.

"Miss Daniels." The teacher spoke from the desk in the corner. "Haven't seen you in a while." He says. I give him a sarcastic smile walk past the three delinquents sitting and drawing on the tables to the back table by the window. I pull out one of the four chairs and plop down. My eyes wander to the window and I longed to be outside right now.

I longed to be anywhere but here right now.

"Ahh Grayson. I see your late." I look at the door to see Grayson strolling in, not a care in the world.

Must be fucking nice.

"Good to see you too." He says. He sits at the table next to mine but hasn't even looked my way. I roll my eyes and go back to the window.

I don't understand.

I see him at the cliff. He didn't even know it was me. Then I told him it was me and that's where everything started to get fucked up. Then everything was sort of fine. We'd sit up at the cliff in just silence or we'd tease and argue with eachother. That was it. On the outside. But I have been slowly going insane. I had been jumping off of the cliff everyday, and deep inside I was hoping that the freezing water would literally just swallow me whole and I would be gone. But everytime I would come up and be so disappointed, but I didn't want to admit that to myself. But when I saw Amilio, everything collapsed inside of me. So many memories flooded back at once everything that happened until after I was in the hospital was such a blur. And after I was out of the hospital everything I said to Grayson came back to me. Any of the guilt I had about that incident floated away after the incident in class not too long ago.

I don't know what his fucking problem is, all I do know is I feel right now is a deep hatred for Grayson.

"Hey Shay?" I hear a deep voice come from beside me. My fists clench together, my nails digging into my palm, and I try to calm myself down. I just keep looking outside.

"Don't fucking talk to me, Grayson." I say as calmly as possible without looking way from the bushes that were right outside the window. I could feel his eyes on me. "Ever." I add. I hear a sigh and that was it.

That was it for a while.