The End

at the edge of the cliff

The End

Grayson wasn't kidding.

When we turned onto the road that led to the cliff, he tossed a white bandana into my lap and said "You know what to do." Now I am trusting him to guide me up this cliff without him walking me into a tree or letting me trip and fall on my face.

My foot hits a branch causing me to trip.

"Grayson-" I warn. I feel him behind me, hands on my shoulders, slowly pushing me forward.

"Sorry! I'm sorry." He apologizes but I could hear the chuckle he is hiding. When my body goes forward, I let out a screech, my arms ahead of me ready for the impact. But, not surprisingly, Grayson grabs me and pulls back onto my feet. Or I thought I was going back on my feet.

"What are-" I feel my body being scooped up into his arms as he begins to carry me.

"You're to clumsy for you own good." He mumbles. I basically complain the rest of the time just to get on his nerves. Which probably wasn't the nicest thing because he is taking me on a date, but I'm me and I do those kinds of things. "We're here." He chimes. I was getting annoyed by this blindfold. I have been staring into darkness for like, fifteen minutes.

"Oh my! Wherever could we be?" I say painfully sarcastic, playing along to his pointless "I don't know where I am" game. He chuckles, mumbling something like "just you wait". He sets me down and I instantly feel for his arm, holding on as he pushes me a few steps forward. "Ready?" He asks. My heart stops. The nerves come back.

"No." I say the first thing that comes to mind. I sigh and nod, realizing how stupid I probably look. I feel him untying the blindfold, purposefully going slow. When its removed, it takes a minute for my eyes to adjust back to the light. Except it wasn't as light anymore. The sun was just about to set, causing the sky to be a dim orange color. I look around. There was a small red and white checkered blanket spread out on the ground, the picnic blanket you see in every movie or show. A cute woven basket sat in the center, a pizza hut pizza box sticking out out of it. I let my eyes wander around. The trees that were closer to the edge had lights strung and hung all through the bottom half.

I couldn't help but laugh. But I still was speechless. And really impressed.

"You laughed." Grayson said, underlying worry in his voice. He suddenly appears in front of me bring my attention to him. I laugh again. "Why are you laughing? Do you not like it?" He looks around himself, as if double checking everything. When I realize he is actually kind of freaking out, I grab his hands, interlocking our fingers.

"Gray?" I say. He looks down, his eyes flickering to each of mine. "I'm laughing because its very cheesy and cute. And I love it a lot." I explain. He relaxes and squeezes my hand lightly.

"Okay." He breathes out. "Good." He drops one of my hands and tugs me torwards the picnic all set out. We both sit and I watch with a smile on my face as he pulls out the pizza, followed by two chocolate milkshakes. With such pricisness and caution and opens the box, placing it directly between us before pulling out napkins. "So I got pizza because we both love it and what the hell else are we gonna eat up here?" He says making me laugh. "And I got milkshakes." He continues, handing me one. "And," he pauses. These are some of those moments where I am left breathless and speechless. He stops for a second and just looks in my eyes, through my body, and into my soul. "I have a surprise after." He says quietly. I could only nod. Thankfully he looks away and I can breath again. He gets both of us a slice of pizza. We don't even talk at first because we just sit, eat, and watch the sunset.