chapter fifty-nine: day off

at the edge of the cliff

chapter fifty-nine: day off

The sun poured in through the window making me stuff my face down into the pillows even more. Its Friday. . .I think. The week has gone by quickly, which is perfect since, you know, school and everything. Work has been easy and scarce- perks of going to a sucky school with sucky teachers I guess. People haven't been a problem. One person in particular has been amazingly incredible. We basically spend every moment available together. We've develop a routine. He picks me up in the mornings (even though I can drive myself), he walks me to class, we eat lunch together with Ryder and Jemma, after school we'll either hang out at my place or go to his, but only if his parents are gone.

He hasn't mentioned any thing about his parents, so being the newly optimist I am, I'm going to take that as a good sign.

Oh, didn't you know? I'm basically a whole new person. And I kind of really like it. I don't wake up in the mornings wanting to go back to sleep. I don't mope around at school. I haven't gotten into any trouble. I am now eating and sleeping regularly. Now feeling more confident in myself, I even dress a little better. Everything has just been great.

Its been almost three weeks since my mom started her new job, and she is already looking for apartments for the both of us. Things at home was smooth sailing. Me and my mom have gotten incredibly closer. She looks like her old self, which is great, but it is also a little paining to see. Only because it makes me think of everything she- we've been through. How for all those years, she didn't look like that. But again, me being a new found optimist, I don't think of it. Mom, Wen, and Karen have a weekly afternoon coffee together on Saturdays. They all get along really well. Ryder is mostly gone to Jemma's, but we still hang out a lot too. He made it a point to make time for me, which made me love him even more. He really was my big brother. Ryder, Grayson, and I have even all hung out together, you know without them glaring at eachother.

They are really similar. Grayson and Ryder.

I think they finally figured that out seeing as they get along perfectly when they are around eachother.

Everything is perfect.

I roll over onto my back and stare up at the ceiling. Maybe I shouldn't go to school. I've gone everyday since me and Grayson made things. . .official? Well, since we became an "us". So maybe I deserve a day off? Mom leaves early, plus I don't think she'd have a problem with it anyways. Wen obviously doesn't mind. And Ryder has no say. Yay! Looks like a relaxing day for me.

A lightbulb goes off.

What about Grayson? Maybe he'd want to skip with me? What if he is sick of me though? I mean we are together all the time. I don't mind at all, and he doesn't seem to either. We enjoy eachothers company. A lot. Which we knew before because of how much time we spent together, but now there's kissing involved. Which makes it all the better.

I let my hands fumble beneath the comforter until they wrap around my phone. I unlock it and go to Graysons name in my texts. He had a yellow heart beside his name. . .that he put there. So I of course left it.

I'm skipping. Wanna come over?

I keep it sweet and simple then hit send. He obviously didn't reply straight away, either getting ready for school or still asleep. So I rolled out of bed and head towards the bathroom for a long relaxing shower. I run the water just enough hot and cold to make the perfect temperature. I strip all of my clothes, tossing them into the hamper before I slowly get into the shower because I do not want to slip. I take my time washing myself and hair, and an hour later I step out, wrapping myself up in a white fluffy towel. I go back into my room and check my phone.