chapter fifteen: masked fights

at the edge of the cliff

chapter fifteen: masked fights

I groan and push the person away, but they continue to poke me. "Ryder if your finger touches my cheek one more time I swear I'll rip it off and make you eat it." I say pushing him one final time. Jemma spent the night and is now in the shower and he is trying to get me up. Its obvious how that is turning out.

"We have school." he groans. I feel his arms wrap around me and I know what's coming. "Get your ass up." he says and with that I am no longer lying on the bed but over his shoulders. My feet touch the floor and I am now standing up. I keep my eyes closed and fall forward trying not to laugh. "Come on Shay!" he laughs holding me up. We both stand up laughing when Jemma walks in with wet hair and fresh clothes. She looks at us for a minute and then to the floor. She quietly walks to her small bag lying on the bed. I look at Ryder weirdly but he was looking at her like a lost puppy.

"Well I'm gonna take a shower." I say awkwardly leaving the two weirdos standing there.

After the quickest shower of my life, I then got  Jemma to Dutch braid my hair because I'm not that talented. She was being really quiet but I ignored it and did her make-up. "What do you think?" I ask spinning her around. She just slightly nods and gets up to change. What is her problem?

"Are you good?" I ask taking off my t-shirt. I slip on the new red top I just bought and turn to see Jemma sitting in her pink skater dress on the bed.

"Are you and Ryder a thing?" she suddenly asks. I was taken back by the question. Me? And Ryder?

"No. We've been friends for forever. We're like siblings." I answer. I quickly slip on some skinny jeans and go to sit by her. "Why ask?" she sighs.

"I just- I was curious." she answer slipping on her shoes. She stands up and goes to the mirror, pulling her hair up. A smirk forms on my lips.

"Does Jemma have a crush?" I ask. I pull my black combat boots over my socks and stand up. I see her blush through the mirror and laugh.

"Shut up." she says. I laugh and we finish getting ready.

-

-

-

Me, Jemma, and Ryder walk into school laughing. Today was a good day. I felt normal. I was...okay. I think. Maybe. For now at least.

"Hey I have a fight tonight. You coming?" Ryder throws an arm over my shoulder and looks down at me. I glance at Jemma and give her a reassuring smile.

"Have I ever missed one?" I ask him with an eyebrow raised.

"Guess not." he chuckles. He pulls Jemma to his side like he did me and asks her the same question. She blushed and looked down.

"I-I don't know. I don't think I should-"

"She'll be there." I interrupt giving her a look. She just nods along. "Gotta get to class. See ya." I wave them off and walk toward my first class. I walk in and take a seat in the back, legs crossed in the chair and wait for it too start. I grab my bottle if water out of my bag and take a drink. A pair familiar blue eyes walked in and I practically choke on my water when he takes a seat in the chair in front of me. "What the hell, Delgado?" I hiss at him before I could even think. He turns around and smirks.

"Hello to you too, Shay." he says feigning niceness.

"Your not in this class." I say twisting the cap back on the water bottle and sit it on the desk.