Chapter Fourteen.

I hope you like this chapter, kinda getting back into the rhythm of writing now, so chapter uploads should be quicker, if i get the ideas :P This one is longer than the last as well :D! 

Enjoy and don't forget to comment and vote please :)<3 

Chapter Fourteen. 

He lifted his head and glanced at me, looked away and then looked back, taking his time to realise who I was I guess. He smiled at me and lifted his hand to wave, but I turned away and walked back to Aria, I came here to get over him, why is he here? Dave said he wasn’t inviting him! While thinking to myself, someone tapped my shoulder; I turned around to see Dave.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t invite him but word got round and I couldn’t exactly say no” he said stepping from one foot to the other, as if he needed a pee.

“It’s fine” I lied.

“Okay good, well me and Aria will keep our best to keep him away from you, if that’s what you’d like?” he said with a small smile. Aria turned around and looked at Dave.

“I heard my name?” she said, Dave smiled and explained to her his plan, “Yeah we can do that” she said smiling.

“No guys, it’s fine, I’m a big girl, and you two can enjoy the party! I’ll look after myself” I lied once again, but I really didn’t want them to be looking after me all night, they wouldn’t enjoy themselves babysitting me!

At seven, the doorbell rang and people started to pour in, by half past Dave’s living room and kitchen was crammed with people. I was having a drink in the kitchen, Dave and Aria had gone off to dance, with the space they could find, I hadn’t seen Will since earlier…not that I was looking for him.

“Boo!” someone shouted grabbing my waist, I screamed.

“Shit, sorry I thought you were someone else,” he said sniggering at my reaction. He was about 6ft tall, black hair with his fringe just falling over his eyes. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and black jeans.

“It’s okay, now if you’ll excuse me” I said trying to get away from him.

“Wait, what’s your name?” he said holding onto my wrist.

“Scarlett” I said yanking my arm from him grip.

“Cooper” he said pointing to himself. “I’m sorry I startled you, can we start again?” he said with a cheeky smile.

“Sure” I said turning back to talk to him.

“You wanna go outside, so we can talk better?”

“Umm, okay…” I said looking around for Aria or Dave, before we exited to the garden. We sat down on a bench just outside the back door.

“Ah it’s much quieter here…” he said looking up at the sky, it was full of stars tonight, it was really pretty. “So, how do you know Dave?”

“Umm, my best friend is going out with him” I said taking a sip of the drink in my hand.

“How old are you?” he said turning to glance at me.

“What is this 20 questions?” I laughed.

“No, just wanted to get to know you…how about you ask me questions?” he grinned and turned his body on the bench to face me.

“Fine” I sighed, “How do you know Dave?”

“Ah, I play drums in a band with him, The Rebels, ever heard of us?” I remember him now, the brown haired guy on drums! When Aria and I went to watch the boys play…