the anatomy of poetry

these words i write cannot make a poem someday.
not every womb is destined to cradle a child.
it exists for far different reasons, those that
do not cross my mind, those that float away from me.
i am tired of wanting to make everyone 
coming out of me worthy.

sometimes,
my words are ugly. they don't fit in.
they look like the remnants of a city
wrecked by an earthquake.
they barely make sense.
no amount of metaphors can piece together
the broken remains of a heartbreak.
but that's alright.

everything that lives is 
part human, part monster.
under every poem is a sadness subdued.

on some days,
you are beautiful enough to be a poem.
on others,
you are strong enough to be a poet.

~Author's Note~

[Image attached: A still from 'Masaan', one of my favourite movies.]

Hey, everyone! I hope you all are doing great. It's been long since I updated this book. To those who have stayed, thank you. Your support means a lot to me.

By the end of March, my finals will be over. My school life ends. So, I'll be having a break till July-August. I'm hoping to bring out more and more content, so I would appreciate if you could take out some time and answer the questions below. Kindly be honest with your feedback. It'd help me immensely. :)

1. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like the contents of this book?

2. How often would you like to see me writing?

3. Have you ever my other poetry book, Mixtape? If yes, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you like its contents?

4. Have you read my book, Metanoia, where I post tips/life lessons/rants/reviews etc.? If yes, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you like its contents? If no, on a scale of 1-10, how likely is it for you to read it?

5. Have you read my book, Serenpidity, where I post my favourite poems and quotes? If yes, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you like its contents? If no, on a scale of 1-10, how likely is it for you to read it?

Thank you for the feedback! 

Have a great day!