Chapter Twelve

Well hello my loves! I hope you are all having such an amazing day! And that you are all enjoying this story! Here's your update! <3
—————————————

"Here's your room while you're here. It has your very own built in bathroom, I know you've seen it before but while you're here I was you to feel right at home. If you need or want anything please let us know." Regina and Micheal showed me the room right next to Chelsea's. It was huge, maybe even twice the size of my room at my moms with a king sized bed against the back wall. There was a long dresser with a mirror attached, and two nightstands one on each side of the bed.

"Oh I couldn't ask for anything else from you two. Thank you so much for opening your home to me and taking me in." I offered them both a soft smile showing my gratitude, I could never thank them enough for helping me get away from that awful man.

"Oh nonsense we wouldn't have it any other way. You are practically our second daughter, you have been since you were five years old. We want you to feel at home here, hang pictures on the walls, hell paint them if you want. This room is your oyster to do with it as you please." Regina rubbed the small part of my back comfortingly.

"Thank you so much." I wrapped my arms around her neck and she hugged me back squeezing me gently but warmly.

"You're welcome sweetheart. We will leave you girls to do all the unpacking and decorating. I'm going to start dinner." She smiled softly as us and then just like that we were alone.

"Regardless of the circumstances I'm glad we live together! We are roommates! Think of all the fun stuff we can do! Sleepovers every night! Late night movie nights! The possibilities are endless." Chelsea gushed as she rambled on and on. Of course I was glad to live with my best friend but I couldn't get my mom's reaction to me leaving out of my mind.

"It's going to be so much fun!" I squealed getting equally excited as she was.

"Let me see your phone I have to download the house alarm app so I can set you up an account. That's how you lock and unlock the front door." Chelsea held her hand out. I felt my pockets and dug through my purse trying to find my phone.

"I must have left it in my car, let me go grab it." I grabbed my car keys and made my way downstairs and out to my car. I unlocked it and ducked inside and grabbed my phone out of the cup holder. When I stood back up I shut the door and pressed the lock button on the remote. I heard yelling which obviously caught my attention. From the house across the street I could see a figure storm out of the house and I heard the front door slam shut.

"Dakota! Get back in here, it's dark outside!" A voice I recognized echoed off of the quiet streets. It wasn't until I seen his pretty black camero driving off that I realized who exactly it was. The voice was Rick, Dakotas dad and then realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Dakota lived right across the street from Chelsea and me now too. I wonder why she never mentioned that before. I made my way back inside and up the stairs and then into my new room where Chelsea was unpacking my clothes and putting them into the dresser.

"You never told me Dakota lives across the street from you." I mentioned as I plopped down on the bed sitting cross legged.

"Because he doesn't?" She responded in slow tone that came off as more of a question and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes he does, I seen him. His dad kept telling him to come back inside but he drove off." I nodded as I answered her making me gasp in shock.

"So that's his fancy black camero, the one you almost ran into?" She asked, placing the pieces together and I nodded in agreement.

"That's the one. How am I supposed to live across the street from him?!" I gasped in concern as I shot up from the bed and started to take more stuff out of my bags finding places to put them needing to do something with my hands to calm my anxiety.

"Easily, ignore him. I didn't even know he lived there, chances are you won't even know he's there either." She shrugged with a frown forming on her face.

"You're right Chels I'm probably worrying for nothing." I shrugged it off hoping it wouldn't be an issue. We both unpacked silently except for small talk here and there.

"You going to school tomorrow?" She asked curiously once all of my clothes had been hung up in the closet. I hadn't even given school much thought. I had only missed one day but I hated missing school because it puts me behind and then I have twice the work.

"Yeah I suppose so though I'm going to look like the bride of Frankenstein." I fake pouted knowing damn good and well with the bruises and busted lip and taped cheek that it was going to cause attention to myself.

"I'll be by your side as much as I can. Tada all of your stuff is unpacked!" She beamed as she jumped up and down clapping like an overly excited child.

"Dinner is ready girls!" Regina yelled and right on time my stomach let out a grumbling growl, I hadn't eaten anything all day and for the first time all day I was actually hungry, starving even.

We both practically ran downstairs and ate dinner and afterwards Chelsea helped me take a shower she even washed my hair so I wouldn't have to use my hurt wrist.

"We can ride to school if you want, it will be easier than you driving by yourself." She suggested as she ran a brush through my hair after my shower.

"I would love that." I smiled softly nodding in acceptance. We agreed to watch a movie in my new room and not even fifteen minutes into it we had both passed out.