Chapter Forty One

Awh poor Erika! She went all Carrie Underwood on Dakota car hahahahah! Well I hope you are all enjoying this story as it's coming to its end! Here is your update!<3
———————————

The end of school bell rang and students rushed out of the door ready to get out of this place meanwhile I walked slower than a turtle like I didn't have a care in the world just to stahl. By the time I made it out to the parking lot it was already halfway empty. I searched for Dakotas car but couldn't find it anywhere. He wouldn't leave without saying anything would he? Maybe he changed his mind and didn't want to talk anymore. I had convinced myself that he had changed his mind when I seen him leaning against the back of a maroon suv, the same one he taught me to drive. My heart rate accelerated when I started to walk the distance towards him.

He shifted nervously with his hands shoved into the pockets of his jeans.

"I was beginning to think you changed your mind." He let out a breath of air when I was within inches from him.

"I couldn't find your car..." I looked at the suv then back up at him.

"Sorry I should have told you I was in a different car." He smiled sheepishly but I shook my head dismissively.

"It's fine. We should get going? Unless you want to talk here?" I asked bluntly and looked around the parking lot. Maria stood a few parking spots down smirking while she made direct eye contact with Dakota, she was enjoying this.

"Not exactly, but let's get going." He walked towards the driver seat and I reluctantly opened the passenger seat and tossed my bag into the backseat. He started the car and put it in drive and started the journey to wherever in the world he was taking me. The air in the car was thick almost suffocating me and I was starting to regret even agreeing to leaving with him but the look in his eyes made it hard to say no.

"Want to listen to the radio?" He asked hopeful and I just shrugged.

"I don't care." I mumbled, my voice barely above a whisper. He flicked on the radio and some classic rock started playing and oddly enough it calmed my nerves. It always has ever since I was a little girl I would ride in the truck with my dad and he would have the windows down blaring it, it's home to me.

He drove for about half an hour before he pulled up the side of a mountain. The scenery looked different this time since it was daylight now. It was the same mountain he brought me to on our first date, when I climbed into his lap  so bravely, my heart tightened as I recalled that night from two months ago.

He parked the car once we got to the top and I opened my door and climbed out needing some fresh air. I walked to the side of the mountain and stood just a few feet before the guardrail.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Dakota asked nervously from behind me. I was so mesmerized by the view I didn't even hear him turn the car off or even get out of it.

"Yeah." I breathlessly answered letting my eyes roam over the mountainside. I didn't notice how close the deserted ocean side just below the mountain was. It was quiet except for the sounds of birds chirping and waves crashing, it was the most peace I had felt in a week. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and then exhaled a few times.

"Erika I am not good at this kind of stuff. I'm bad with words so I am just going to be honest. The first time I saw you, you almost hit my car you took my breath away, granted I was pissed off yeah. Then we got partnered up in class and I just wanted to look at you, not like a creep or anything but because I have never seen someone so pretty before. I asked my friends about you and they said you don't put out and like an idiot I said you would for me." He started to explain and I lifted an eyebrow and looked at him puzzled.