Chapter Twenty Four

Good morning beautiful readers! What did you think of that last chapter?! Dakota and Erika are slowly getting closer :) they are the cutest! I hope you are all enjoying this story thus far! Here is your update!<3

(ABOVE IS WHO I'VE CHOSEN FOR MARIA)
————————————

"We need to go get our dresses for the homecoming dance before all the good ones are picked over and we are left with garbage." Chelsea whined on the way to lunch.

"Chels homecoming is a month away, we have plenty of time." I brushed her off as we walked, leave it to her to want as much time as possible or else she will stress.

"Umm we have twenty nine days... that's less than a month." She sarcastically corrected me making me roll my eyes at her accuracy.

"Same thing. Don't worry we will go this weekend." I told her and she instantly perked up.

"Go where Barbie?" Dakota came out of nowhere and threw his arm over my shoulder and walked casually beside me making me arch my eyebrow at him in confusion at him touching me in public even though I was over the moon with it.

"To get our dresses for homecoming." I answered slowly in shock that he was walking with me as people stared at us in confusion with questioning looks on their faces but no one said anything.

"About that, do you have a date?" He asked and I snapped my head his direction making me almost stop in my tracks.

"No." I shook my head answering him.

"You do now. Wear something red." He winked at me and then dashed down the hallway to catch up Christian. I was quiet the rest of the walk to the cafeteria meanwhile Chelsea was gushing on and on with her 'I told you so's'

"I told you he was going to ask you!" She sang once more and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her....again.

"Whatever now shut up and let's eat." We got our food and then made our way to our table. I threw my bag down and then sat down and started to eat.

"You're going to look so good in something red, red suits your fair skin tone and matches your hair." She kept going on and on about this damn dance but honestly I was growing more and more excited by the minute now that I was going with Dakota.

"I'm trying to eat here." I pointed to my food.

"Fine grumpy pants no more dance talk but we are going shopping Saturday whether you like it or not." She held her hands up in mock surrender.

"Deal!" I went back to eating praying that she didn't bring up the dance again and thankfully she didn't.

"Hey baby." Matt joined us at lunch and sat down right to Chelsea.

"Erika can I please talk to you?" Brian walked up to our table, his face etched with sorrow.

"About what?" I asked giving him the benefit of the doubt.

"The other night. Look I'm really sorry, okay? I don't know why I acted that way. Why don't we just start over what do you say?" I tilted my head in confusion. Was he out of his mind?

"Look there's no reason to be sorry. I shouldn't have agreed to go to the party with you in the first place. I have feelings for someone else and that's not fair to you or to him. Besides I won't give you the one thing you look for the most, sex. No hard feelings though okay?" I smiled apologetically trying to be the bigger person when I shouldn't with the way he treated me the other night.

"I guess I can accept that. I'm glad we cleared that up. I'll catch up with you later Erika." He smiled sympathetically and then left as quickly as he came.