Chapter Eighteen

Hello my sugarbears! I hope you are all having magical days/nights whatever time it is wherever you are! Here is your update <3

------------------------------------------------

I woke up and got ready for school determined to act like last nights interaction and Dakotas demeanor didn't bother me when it really did and it still was. I decided to wear dark wash skinny jeans with holes up and down the legs and an off the shoulder black top and my black converse. I grabbed my bag and purse and made my way downstairs. Chelsea had already left to tutor some freshmen and her parents were already gone so I made myself a bowl of cereal and ate it slowly since I had time to kill before I had to leave.

Once I was finished I put my dishes in the sink and locked up and headed to school jamming to some Aj Mitchell 'No Plans' while I drove dancing and strumming my fingers on the steering wheel. I actually felt confident and more head strong than I had in a while. I was going to go to school and not let Dakota or anyone bring me down. I was free from Steve, and things were going to go my way for once.

I parked my car and made my way up the steps holding my head high. I noticed Chelsea waving me down in the corridor through the glass windows that Dakota and his friends were crowded in front of. When he seen me he offered me a small smile and I stared blankly at him and kept walking. The look on his face went from a smile and confusion but I brushed it off.

"Mr. Rollins assigned me the morning tutoring sessions for the rest of this week. It's only Tuesday and I don't know if I can make it the rest of this week. I am exhausted. Do you know what time I got here? Seven! That means I had to get up at five-thirty! This girl needs her beauty sleep!" Chelsea groaned while I started to exchange the books in my bag for the ones in my locker.

"Oh you poor baby!" I cooed sarcastically and pinched her cheeks like you would do to a baby and she smacked my hand away playfully.

"Hey! You aren't a morning person either! Don't even act like you wouldn't throw a fit if you had to wake up that early everyday for a whole week because we both know that you would!" She jabbed me in the chest with her finger while narrowing her eyes at me.

"Okay okay you're right! I would. How about I bring you Starbucks the rest of this week?" I suggested with a teasingly hopeful smile and she beamed excitedly. We both thrived on coffee, we had to have it especially if we were up that early.

"Now we are talking!" She clapped her hands and jumped up and down, making us both throw our heads back in a fit of laughter.

"Can we talk?" Dakota came up from behind me and leaned against the locker beside mine.

"I'll meet you after class Erika." Chelsea left us alone and I finished putting stuff in my locker and grabbed my other books and shoved them into my bag. I focused on the inside of my locker like it was the most interesting thing in the world and once I was done I slammed my locker shut and made sure it was locked before I turned around. Dakota still leaning there calmly with an arched eyebrow waiting for me to address him.

"What?" I asked as I folded my arms across my chest, my voice was clipped clearly in no mood for this, for him.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked slowly, tilting his head to the side.

"We went on a date, it was great but I am not into the hot and cold shit you're doing. Whatever this is between us I am calling it off now." I gestured between us with my hand before I dropped it down by my side.

"Hot and cold?" He asked knitting his eyebrows together in confusion, like he had no idea that he had mood swings.

"Yes. One minute you seem like you like me and the next you're short and distant. It was nothing serious anyways. I can take a hint. Have a good day Dakota." I pushed passed him and walked to my first class, dreading third period, the class I have with him.