Epilogue

Hello my loyal readers! I'm sad to announce that this is this books last chapter! I had so much fun creating this story for you guys! I hope you enjoyed reading it! I am working on a few different stories you should check out! Here is your last and final update :/ <3

-with much love, Kayla! XoXo
——————————-

**TWO YEARS LATER**

"Mrs. Tahlee, Mr. Tahlee asked me to have you meet him in his office." Veronica, my secretary's voice came through the intercom on my office phone.

"For what?" I pushed the reply button and asked curiously.

"I don't know, he didn't say." She answered and I sighed and pushed my chair back and lifted my ass out of my chair and waddled barefoot down to my husbands office. Yes you heard me right, husband. Dakota and I got married right after we graduated high school and took over his dads company. It was our company now, Rick and Cheyenne retired and stayed home with Emily, Dakotas little sister.

"What do you want?" I huffed in annoyance as I stepped into Dakotas office. When his eyes landed on me they softened immediately.

"I miss you Barbie." He stood and walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me and I felt my annoyance fading the way it always does when I'm in his arms.

"So you can come to my office. My feet hurt." I whined and sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. He got down on his knees and took one of my bare feet in his big strong hands and started to massage it making me groan in satisfaction.

"I missed you too sweet boy. I can't wait to meet you." Dakota leaned forward and placed his lips on my swollen belly and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I was nine months pregnant with our first child, a boy who we decided we would name Christopher after my father.

"Dakota-" I gasped when I felt a gush of fluid splash onto the floor.

"Your water broke!" Dakota beamed up at me with excitement dancing in his eyes. He helped me up and rushed us out the door and to the hospital and called my mom, his parents, Chelsea and Matt, and his older sister Jordan on the way there.

They admitted me and hooked me up to the machines and gave me an IV and made me put on a hospital gown. The contractions weren't as bad as I expected them to be but they still hurt like hell until I was given an epidural to ease my pain.

"Alright Erika it's time to start pushing!" My doctor smiled brightly at me after hours and hours of labor. I clamped down and pushed while Dakota and the doctor and nurses counted.

"And again!" I cried out and pushed once more but felt like I was going to pass out.

"I know it's hard and it hurts but he's almost here I can see his head!" My doctor instructed me to push again and I pushed and held my breath and then let out my breath taking in another to push again.

After three more times of pushing I felt my son come into the world. The nurses wiped him off with a towel and then laid him on my chest. I felt hot tears stream down my cheeks as I looked down at our son. Dakota grabbed my hand and gently rubbed the back of Christopher's head.

"He looks just like you." I cried and smiled up at my husband who had tears spilling out of the corner of his eyes. Christopher's hairs dark brownish black and his eyes are identical to his fathers. His skin a creamy tan color but with my freckles scattered over his plump cheeks.

"Can we come in?! We are dying out here!" Dakotas sister Jordan squealed as she peaked her head inside the room. The nurses laughed and gestured for our family and closest friends to come in.

"Oh he's beautiful!" Jordan bent down and kissed my son on the top of his head softly. She and I had gotten close when she moved back to town. She looks like Dakotas twin sister instead of his older sister except her hair is long and she's a female.

"Oh can I please hold him?" My mom asked with hopeful eyes and I nodded. Dakota gently lifted our son up from my chest and laid him in my moms arms, who was now bawling like a baby. Her boyfriend Scott smiled softly at her. She finally divorced Steve when he was arrested and then months later she found Scott who I actually really liked. He is a soft and gentle spoken man who is head over heels for my mom and as long as he makes her happy, I'm happy.

"My turn! My turn!" Cheyenne clapped her hands eagerly as my mom kissed her on the cheek and passed Christopher over to her. Our moms got along really well not that I ever thought they wouldn't. It's like they had known each other forever.

"What a handsome little fellow you are! I'm your pop pop!" Rick smiled brightly as he made baby noises.

"Hey baby! I'm your aunt Chelsea and this is your uncle Matt! You've got an older cousin named Eliza but she's not here, she's at her grandmas house. You're going to love her! Y'all are going to be best friends!" Chelsea smiled as she taped Christopher on the nose. Her and Matt got married about a year after Dakota and I did. They almost immediately got pregnant with Eliza who is only a month older than Christopher.

I looked around the room and my heart was overflowing with family, friends and now my son. Dakota sat down on the hospital bed and pulled me closer to him as we watched everyone swoon over our baby.

"And to think this all started because I was proving a point." He winked at me and placed his lips on mine.