Chapter Forty Three

Hello my lovelies! I am sad to say that these last few chapters are going to wrap up this story! I hope you have enjoyed this journey with me! I enjoyed every late night spent working on this baby! Not to worry though I have more books in the making! I am nowhere near a professional, I make mistakes and typos but I enjoy every bit of it. Here is your update!<3
————————————

Things were good. No they were great actually. It's been three months since the night I found out about the bet. Three months since I completely forgave Dakota. I know I forgave him quickly but my heart couldn't help it.

We spend almost everyday together just watching movies and cuddling or just talking. Chelsea had forgiven him as well and even got Matt too also. Matt and Dakota sparked a new friendship even though it was for our sake they had slowly became friends and hung out without us around which was scary at first but it became normal.

**Flashback**

"Can you please let me see your car?" I asked lowly as we were laying in his bed.

"No, that doesn't matter anymore." He gently pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and rubbed my cheek with the pad of his palm.

"Please." I whispered again and he looked torn like he was having an inner battle with himself but he nodded slowly and got out of bed.

I climbed out beside him and slipped into some yoga pants and his T-shirt making him have to get a new one. He grabbed my hand and led us to the downstairs of The Lanes.

"Oh my God." I whispered and tears started to fill my eyes. It is way worse than I thought even though I was the one who caused the damage.

"Erika please-"' He begged and tried to hold my hand but I pulled it away and started to walk towards the car that was parked in the middle of the shop.

"I'm going to pay to have it fixed." I mumbled as I drug my fingers along the hood of the car, guilt withering inside of me and it was eating me alive.

"No you're not." He shuffled calmly offering me a look of disbelief.

"Yes I am Dakota. This is my fault." I wiped a few tears that had fallen and he closed the distance between us and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me against his chest and tightened his grip on me.

"No it's not. This is all my fault. Everything is my fault. Don't you dare blame yourself. Please." He begged sadness taking over his voice.

"I want to pay for the repairs." I rubbed my runny nose on his shirt and he didn't even seem to mind.

"No baby. That's my punishment for hurting you, well part of it. I deserved it." He took my face in between both of his hands and wiped away my tears with his thumbs.

"I'm so sorry Dakota." I blubbered in between my cries.

"Don't be. Please. Plus it was kind of hot watching you let your anger out. I'm proud of you. Hell I'll even let you burn that car to the ground if that makes you feel better. I don't want it. It's just a reminder of what I did, to you." He placed his forehead against mine and I leaned into his touch, welcoming it.

"I'm not burning that car and neither are you, you love that car too much. Besides I love that car too. You should get it fixed whether you let me play for it or not."

"Okay, I'll get it fixed but you're not paying for it. I won't change my mind on that." He smirked knowing damn good and well I wouldn't win this argument I gave in.

**End of Flashback**

It was hard for me to be around Christian at first, knowing he was part of the bet made it harder. Even though I forgave Dakota so easily I couldn't do the same with Christian especially since he is so crude and an asshole but Dakota made him stop his sarcastic remarks and he actually was somewhat decent underneath all that smart mouth of his not that I would ever admit it to him.