Arc 1.2

Cerise woke up on his own, he opened his gold feline eyes and saw that the sun rays were shining down on him softly, and the skies were clear blue. It was a good day.

He didn't need Jing to wake him up due to the ruckus the group on the other side was making.

Seems like they're finally ready to start this thing.

Cerise begrudgingly got up with a yawn and waited for his first challenger. They seem to be discussing amongst themselves on who's going first.

A couple long minutes later of arguing, a haughty looking man wearing shining armor stepped up and came strutting across the bridge. His unnecessarily long red cape billowing in the wind. The knights from his kingdom are cheering him on at the edge but still maintaining their distance.

[System: Host, that's the prince of Juniper. ]

Cerise: The one the plot task asked me to kill?

He curiously studied his figure. . . Damn, my eyes. Why's his armor so shiny? Is he trying to blind me? What an interesting tactic. . .

[System: No host~ It seems he just wants to show off his gold-plated armor~ ]

Cerise: Lucky bastard. It's so shiny and pretty looking. . . . I really want . . . . .

???

Cerise: Jing, I suddenly have this strong urge to collect precious things. Did I inherit a bit of the dragon's interest?

[System: It happens occasionally, especially if it's a very strong trait. It seems your treasure stash is in a small cave located under the hill where "you" piled the dead bodies. ╰(✧∇✧)╯]

Cerise's eyes light up with a spark. Sweet! I have a stash of treasure!

The haughty prince stopped halfway through the bridge then pulled out his steel sword confidently. He looked at Cerise with anger and dissatisfaction. Brimming with arrogance.

"You treacherous and foul beast! Today will be your last. I, Prince of Juniper, will rightfully take what you own as my reward and gain honor for my kingdom!!! Your ugly head will be mounted on the castle walls, you're lucky you'll even be used as decoration."

I think I hear my little cave asking for a nice, golden armor. . . .

Cerise snorted then got up to a sitting position, completely towering over the prince. The guy recklessly charges at him with a loud war cry, swinging his sword around. His cape billowing and the sharpness of his sword inlaid with jewels clearly seen.

Everyone holds their breathes and watch in anticipation. . .

The prince swings his sword back with force, ready to strike-

Cerise slams his hand down on the guy.

. . .

[Plot Task: Task complete. Gained +100 points ]

Cerise: . . . .

Everyone: . . . .

[System: Yay~! Host~!! You did it!!
。゚✶ฺ.ヽ(*'∀'*)ノ.✶゚ฺ。  Jing is super proud! Host is the best~ ]

Cerise: What the hell. . . Wasn't that too easy??

[System: Host is just too strong~ ]

Weird, he looked down at the mangled and bloody body under his hand, shouldn't I feel shocked that I killed a person?

[System: It is the dragon's feelings, he is used to it. ]

Oh. . . Cerise looked ahead and found the crowd looking at him in pure fright and speechlessness. The knights and people from the Juniper kingdom quickly retreat, very unlike how they were when they first came here. The others looked on with uneasiness, a couple princes also retreat in fright.

Cerise didn't care, he took his gold armor and stowed it away happily.

[Plot Task: Defeat the Prince of Yunlier. +100 points. ]

Cerise looked at the new task, he saw that another prince had stepped up. Sorry buddy.

ROOOOOAAAARRRRR~!!

[System: Fireeeeeeee~ "ψ(`∇')ψ ]

The poor guy was burnt to a crisp.

[Plot Task: Task complete. Gained +100 points. ]

Cerise nabbed his sparkly helmet.

Challenger after challenger came at him, the Plot Task generously introducing them first and then rewarding him with points. He had already gained up to 600 points. Why are there so many kingdoms?

After that last one, no more stepped up to the challenge. It seems that the remaining princes were smarter and had purposely not went ahead in order to strategize.

Cerise yawned in boredom, being a dragon wasn't as fun as he thought it would be. The only perks we're having warm naps. He yawned again feeling lazy now.

Cerise: Seems like that's it for today.

. . .

Meanwhile, in the camps. . .

A servant galloped on his horse from camp to camp until he reached the camp of the Pauper Prince. Not hiding his displeasure, he refuses to get down from his horse and tells his message while looking down on him.

He shouted loudly with his nasally voice.

"You are to meet at the Prince of Cornelis' camp to further strategize how to get rid of the beast. The others have already arrived. You're lucky to have even been called for."

The Pauper Prince stares at the servant from where he's sitting by the campfire. The light from the blazes reflecting off his handsome yet emotionless face.

The knights beside him clench their teeth in anger but they cannot do anything rash yet. The servant was under the Prince of Cornelis, a kingdom stronger than theirs.

They were the few who had volunteered to go with their prince as no one else would come.

Seeing the king's lack of interest with the young prince, many people had followed in mocking him from behind. No one else but themselves and close followers know the true nature of their prince. All they had to do was wait for the right time to take over. But they have to get back alive first if they want to accomplish their plans. . .

The prince slowly got up, his thin clothing does nothing in hiding his lean, but muscular body, flexing impressively as he stood up. His stature straight and elegant, a strong aura of royalty.

The servant suddenly felt a dreadful chill down his back as he looked at the prince in the eye. A dark, murderous aura seemed to seep from his being and the poor servant felt himself sweating from the tension. He quickly lowered his head.

The prince looked on with indifference, "We'll come."